This forum is a place to discuss new ideas and also new wiki updates will be placed here.

[Page Update Proposal] Parking Lot Roads

Post by
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Benelux_Parking_Lot_Road/nl

This page has no guideline for when a parking lot road should be used.
I have found a discussion where it was stated that it should only be used for large multi-row parking lots. Is there a consensus on this topic? If there is, can a paragraph be added to the page.
I have seen examples of short 'single street' parking lot roads. Is it useful to map these (as a parking lot road)? A suggested minimal surface area could be used as a rule of thumb.
The paragraph could also contain examples of the different possibilities. When to use Parking Lot Road and when to use Private road for parking spaces.
The page also mentions that all parking lot roads should be locked at level 2. This locking is only useful for those large parking lots. Where it is used to prevent L1 editors from adding all rows. Another reason to make a differentiation, between real parking lots and smaller parking segments, in the artikel.

POSTER_ID:16973362

Send a message

Post by annickdw
I just overread the section about 'parking lots' and I see 'confusion' :p (sorry, Peter)

When we're talking about parkings, it's easy to talk about 2 different things in wme : parking lot segments and parking lot places, and than I'm stil forgetting parking lot category (added to another main place category like a shopping center or supermarket)

When I am explaining parking lots to new editors, I talk about 'no streetname' at the parkinglot segments, and... I also mention the opportunity to name the parking in the parking lot place ! (and I mean also in the section about roadtype parkinglot)

suggestion:
When we're talking about parking lot 'places'... shouldn't we also mention the option to add the 'parking lot category' as secundary category to the main place ?? (if it is not a standalone parking) - I don't see much people doing that, so it's probably a thing you need to hear about before you start using it ??
In this case you don't need the name 'Quick Parking Zaventem', but you add parking lot as secundary category to the 'place point' Quick Zaventem ?? (after all, this is a parking to be used by customers of Quick, not a public parking)

P.S. the suggestion isn't new, but maybe we should consider to make this a rule ?? (do we need a new forum topic? :D)
annickdw
Send a message

Post by annickdw
petervdveen wrote:Private roads should never be used for parking lot's. Size doesn't matter in this case.
I know parkinglots that are reserved for clients, customers or personnel... sometimes large parkinglots, and a parking not usable for general parking, in that case private road have been used

addition: I have a dream : ...in a perfect world, the ideal would be that everything concerning a parking is at ONE spot in the wiki (info about segments and places), now everything seems to be spread over multiple sections (even different wiki pages?)
annickdw
Send a message

Post by Dutchdirt
Prima. 1 suggestie : regel 16 "enkel" vervangen door "alleen"

Sent from HTC_M8
Dutchdirt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by IamWilloc
The https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Benelux_Parking_Lot_Road was modified again.
It should now contain most information about Parking Lot Roads concentrated in one article. This information was gathered from different sources.

Fire away.
IamWilloc
Send a message

Post by kdevries
moweez wrote:May I suggest a slight change?

A Parking Lot Road doesn't need to be locked, unless you think it is necessary to prevent unwanted use or adaptation. In case of any doubt, please discuss it with the community.

good idea
kdevries
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/gc.png
Regio Manager: Fryslân
Country Manager: The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg
Country Manager: Denmark
Bekijk de wiki
Waze woordenlijst

Post by kdevries
moweez wrote:Blijkbaar is er behoefte van Peter om de Nederlandse tekst aan te passen:

Hierbij de wijzigingen die zijn voorgesteld:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/index.php?ti ... did=104127

Omdat we hebben afgesproken dat we wijzigen in overleg via het forum doen, graag jullie reactie. Indien er geen reactie komt binnen een week dan wordt het goedgekeurd.

Wat mij betreft ok
kdevries
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Bekijk de wiki
Waze woordenlijst

Post by kdevries
Wat betreft taalkundige wijzigingen. Het is misschien niet nodig om voor elke wijziging een topic te openen of een discussie te starten, maar het probleem is dat er altijd een grijs gebied is tussen alleen maar taalkundige wijzigingen ( zin die niet loopt, d/t fouten etc) en echte wijzigingen. Misschien is het daarom toch handiger om bij twijfelgevallen (zeker bij meerdere aanpassingen in een tekst) even een topic te openen.
kdevries
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Bekijk de wiki
Waze woordenlijst

Post by moweez
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Currently, there are some discussion going on concerning Parking Lots, like here. A first attempt to make an short outline is in the new Quick-Start, which is discussed here. It is an addition to put a link to the page you mentioned, and also update it.

Perhaps it is a good idea to continue the discussion about parking lots here.
moweez
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by moweez
Sorry for the confusion. I think it is a good idea to use your (this) topic to continue the discussion about parking lots/parking lot roads in other topics and join them with your opinion.
moweez
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by moweez
petervdveen wrote:I think the page and the guidelines are very clear.
What do you think is missing, or in what case (maybe with an example) did you have a problem using these guidelines?
Apparently, it is not clear for everybody ;)
and that's why we have room for discussion....
moweez
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message