New Feature: ‘Road Goodies’
Announcing waze’s brand new ‘road goodies’ – cherries, hammers and small gift packages worth extra bonus points!
You’ll find these ‘road goodies’ in locations where the waze has identified map problems, and as you drive around munching them, our system automatically solve these issues. Here’s the breakdown: Present – the most rare of the new ‘road goodies’, worth 500 extra points, Hammer – more common on the road and worth 250 bonus points & last but not least, Cherries – arguably the cutest ‘goodie’, pretty common and worth 100 extra points… (Hammer and Present points transposed in the video – oops!)
We think these ‘road goodies’ are a super fun way to help improve the map in your area, and hope you agree. Take a moment to watch the clip we prepared, annoucing ‘road goodies’, below…
Holiday High Points Challenge
In parallel to the launch of this new ‘road goodie’ version, we invite you to participate in a ‘Holiday High Points Challenge’ between November 25-30, just in time for your Thanksgiving driving.
The top three users in the US and Canada who rack up the most points from ‘road goodies’ during this timeframe will receive Amazon gift cards in the amounts of $500, $300 and $200, respectively, to help out with their holiday shopping. Wishing you luck…now get out there and get munchin’!
How to participate
* Find ‘road goodies ’in areas where the map needs improvement. (Make sure you’ve downloaded the newest waze version from the iPhone Appstore/Android Market or waze.com/download)
* Munch (drive over) as many goodies as you can between November 25-30.
* 3 users who rack up the most goodie-related points during this time win!
The fine print:
- You must be 18 years of age or older to participate in this campaign.
- Contest is open to residents of the US and Canada, only.
- The campaign begins on Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 8am EST and ends on Monday, November 30, 2009, midnight PST. Only ‘road goodie’ points munched during such period shall be eligible.
- Winner is responsible for any applicable taxes. Prize listed is subject to its general availability on the market. In the event of non-availability on the market, waze will provide a similar or equal compensation.
- Waze reserves the right under its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend or modify the terms of this campaign, in whole or in part; and the right to disqualify any participant in the event of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which in Waze sole opinion corrupt or effect the fairness, integrity, legality or proper conduct of the campaign.