Help build the waze driving community in your area by participating in our new ‘waze across America’ contest – now for Android and iPhone!
How to participate:
- Download waze (it’s free).
- Send a waze road report to other users in your area.
- Keep waze on until you arrive at your destination.
- One out of the first 100 unique road reporters in your state wins!*
* – you must be registered with a valid email address to participate.
We’re giving away an Android myTouch 3G phone or iPhone 3Gs (winner’s choice) to one of the first 100 unique wazers who send in a road report in your state! Note that we’ll start with the first 10 states to get to 100 road reports by unique users, and may expand the contest afterwards, accordingly.
With one entry per user, if you’re one of the first 100 drivers to send a road report in your state, you’ll have a 1% chance to win! And even if you don’t win, we’ll send the top 5 waze road reporters (by frequency), in these first 10 states, a bag of goodies as a thank you for their contributions to the community.
What you can do to increase your chances of winning
To make sure your state reaches 100 road reports by unique users, contact your friends and acquaintances with iPhone or Android phones, directing them to this link to enter the contest.
You can also:
- Write about the contest in your blog
- Tweet to your followers
- Link to this page via your Facebook status update
- Stay tuned to @waze on Twitter for contest updates
By spreading the word, you’re actually increasing your own chances to win!
How to send a report on waze
Once you’ve downloaded the app, you’ll find the ‘Report’ button on the bottom right hand side of the main screen. Reporting is as simple as tapping this button, choosing the type of event you’d like to report on and pressing send.
How to get waze on your phone
If you’re an iPhone user, go ahead and download waze from the Appstore by searching for ‘waze’ or finding us under the ‘Navigation’ category. If you’re an Android user there are two ways you can install waze for your Android phone - either visit the Android Market and search for waze there, or open the barcode scanner on your phone and scan our QR code, below.
- Contest period – the contest ends on December 31, 2009. Only road reports received prior to this date shall be eligible to participate.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to enter this contest.
- Winner is responsible for any activation fees and/or upgrade fees, and service fees, as well as reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes.
- Prize listed is subject to its general availability on the market. In the event of non-availability on the market, waze will provide equal compensation.
- Waze reserves the right under its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend or modify the terms of this contest, in whole or in part; and the right to disqualify any participant in the event of tempering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which in Waze sole opinion corrupt or effect the fairness, integrity, legality or proper conduct of the contest.