The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by CBenson
gettingthere wrote:How do we know that these ign_ editors are actually human beings making manual edits vs. some type of process that runs on the server and 'auto corrects' an issue and creates a segment?
Because earlier in this thread Unholy affirmatively stated that they are actually human beings.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by dmcconachie
harling wrote:
mapcat wrote:And no, I don't especially want to update that mess in New Jersey, nor the more manageable messes in Omaha or the Rio Grande Valley. Not unless I can edit as ign_dave and tap into the huge vault o'cash at Waze Inc.
I'll say it again: where do I sign up?! Waze, if you want to hire a "strike team" to work on problem areas without active AMs (my only condition; I won't step on someone else's toes), remember that you already have an ample supply of highly-experienced editors at your disposal.
Sign me up, Scotty!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by gettingthere
How do we know that these ign_ editors are actually human beings making manual edits vs. some type of process that runs on the server and 'auto corrects' an issue and creates a segment? I am not excusing that errors occur, but it may not actually be a human making the change manually.

Also, most of the big mapping companies such as Navteq, Teleatlas, etc. have humans making map changes tens, hundreds, or thousands of miles from the edit. There are lots of other ways to try to validate than having a local who 'knows' the roads making edits. Satellite images, gps points, Google or Bing Street View, experience of the editor all can assist in making edits without ever driving the road.

In any case, it appears something has gone awry at least a few times. I have made editing errors also that I have had to go back and fix later. And this is with the 'local' knowledge plus all of the other resources listed above.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by gettingthere
mapcat wrote:So, here we have the ign_* crew working in Boston, which is covered by at least two competent editors, and Baltimore/DC/Philly, also home to several long-time contributors, plus San Francisco, where the OP discovered this nonsense. Why are they assigned to these places? Have they ever looked at the problems OUTSIDE the boundaries of the AM regions? Do ya think maybe some of them ought to divert their attention here? Or here? Or (gulp) here??
So with your 40k points each week, 3rd highest number of points in the US/Canada (sorry the Texans are kicking butt) you haven't found the time to update the entire US map yet? :P
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
mapcat wrote:Dude! That was one week! The top 3 doesn't update anymore!
Actually that is #3 - all time.

Well since no one around here seems to know that it's broken and keeps posting about it... as far as I know if you are #1 for 3 weeks you must be earning it !
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
jondrush wrote:Oh gah! please call them off before they destroy everything we have built up. Please don't edit this until we get some kind of answer.
https://descartes.waze.com/live/?zoom=5 ... TTTTTTTTTT
Crossroads as freeways? Roads with crossroads designated as freeways? Please, please please stop them before they crash the whole project. Mass resignation of pissed off editors will be ugly.
Are you referring to E St Rd? If so, the multiple segments that I looked at that were designated as major highway appear to be from the base map import.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
Seems that anna1, ivan, polina, and victoria1, zhenya (wow, quite a group effort) wanted to get moving quickly in and out of King of Prussia mall :lol: Maybe they figured by upgrading the roads to major highways and freeways the traffic would move faster!

It really doesn't seem possible that there were this many editors making changes in that area in the middle of July. I only looked at a few segments, there may be more. Hence my previous though that there is some type of behind the scenes process that is automatically modifying roads and showing them as edited by some ign_ user name...

At least you're an AM and can change it back. Non-AM's would be locked out with their higher editing rank of (6).

I haven't been to King of Prussia mall in over 15 years but I know that this doesn't look right... Yea PA Turnpike Freeway, ok. But N Gulph Rd Major Highway? W Dekalb Pike inconsistent across the median - Major Hwy and Freeway. I guess they really were in a hurry to get to the mall :arrow:
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
The IGN editors need to get to work on Orange County CA. Really, really needs major work. I have no idea how many update requests there are, likely thousands. Freeways are labelled incorrectly, ramp labeling is horrid. Looks to be several AM's. Don't know if they are active though...

Funny thing is that this is a much higher density of Wazers in Orange County than San Diego. Hopefully some of them step up and start working on some update requests and proper labeling.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by hailstorm
Could really do with a 'carpool' road type added just to avoid any confusion like this.
hailstorm
Send a message

Post by hallmike
yeah -if you are paying people to edit, why am I doing it for free??
hallmike
Send a message
https://photos.imageevent.com/hallmike/ ... llmike.jpg ...when you care enough to Waze the very best