Let me reply on the numbers, it saves a few quotes lol =)
1. lol if only I could surf... I live here but never touched a surfboard lol (besides, only live here for 2 years now).
2. Regarding the languages and/or countries. It is just a matter of names. I'm sure that through a small hack, database edit or something similar, we can USA or English change into 'USA / English' and 'USA / Spanish' for example (The Belgium languages actually have their own name (Flemish and Walloon)). And we can do it that way for all countries, of course. Personally I don't mind the flags but I am trying to look ahead, and when we have like 30-40 countries (there are over 190 countries btw, and they all have their own languages.. can you see the flags yet?)
3. I agree with you on Dror's part, but I'm sure he cannot make that decision on his own either, so we'll probably have to wait a bit longer =)
As for the CSS changes, I don't know. As far as I've seen, they tried to keep the Wiki layout a lot like their own layout, so it might be that they already did some changes. Who knows, I kind of hope they'll agree on the layout but we have to wait for that lol.
4. I know, the boxes is actually the reason why I did it in Photoshop. I realized we couldn't do it in the current version, so I figured it would be a bit easier to do it the way I did it now.
As for the source full of stylesheets, I think it won't be all that bad. And if anything, we can also do it in tables, I don't really mind that. Tables are not meant for design but for content, and in a way that is content lol.
4. Hmm another #4? lol
Nah, I never said you did it, but I noticed one link was using some capitals, and the next didn't. I don't know who did it, and it doesn't really matter either. Thing is, if you do it "Like This" with a link, then the next link needs to be done in a similar way, and not 'like this'
5. It's ok, you're not offending me lol. Actually it is a design fail when you design something at 1680x1050 (I took out the bar in the bottom, which made it to 1011px). All I did really was making a print screen, and work from there. I know when looking at the most used monitors I should've gone for a max width of 1280 instead (height doesn't matter so much, since you get scroll bars anyways), but call me lazy lol. The 1024 layout they use on this site is, imho, getting a bit too small for a Wiki with a fontsize they currently use (not for a normal website btw, that's acceptable at this size). But it is to get an idea. A picture says more than a thousand words they always say, so I figured it would be better to make this lol.
6. lol, thanks, but credit goes to Waze for this: http://www.waze.com/about/about_us/
.It's from their 'our product' text.
7. Yeah I realize that, but it is also to show what else we could do, and especially to show that we don't really need those colors. To be honest, that part of the current mainpage is one of the things I dislike most.
8. Thanks, I hope it too that they will do something with the sidebar. It is there, why not put it to good use
The floating divs should be just for the mainpage, the rest is different per article on the original Wiki also. It is just what suits the article best at that time. The mainpage should have a minimum of updates, and then it can also be just 'locked' for most users, just with a few 'trustees' or just Waze staff themselves who can edit it.
Yeah I took a look at your skin. It looks a lot better like that, but like said above also, the colors are something that I really dislike and I really hope we get rid of them lol. Of course I'd like to see a tiny bit smaller font and such, but I know that's impossible right now as that is CSS work also.