Feature Request - Mileage Log

Post by auroraskyes
For lack of finding a better place in this forum I choose this as a means to present an idea for Waze.

Recently I got a promotion at work at which I am going to be given a company car. I think it would be good to have a mileage log feature that would allow me to pick a name for a starting location, ending location, and trip purpose. This would be also be able to tell actual traveled mileage. Like most other mileage logs it would also be good to email the list to oneself as a *.csv or be able to download it off of the Waze website.

I believe that this feature would help me as an individual and the community by making sure that I would always be running Waze during my travels. This feature would make Waze incredibly more appealing and hopefully draw in more users.
auroraskyes

POSTER_ID:952393

Send a message

Post by aktiv8d
Bumping those old topic to resurrect the discussion

In one's browser there is the map editor, which lists Drives. This is helpful, but a very simple addition could solve the mileage log need:

Just add the ability to tag each Drive.

An in-app solution is ideal, but tagging Drives in the browser is the simplest implementation.
aktiv8d
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
auroraskyes wrote:It isn't exactly what I was looking for. It makes a list of the destinations I have gone to, but it doesn't say how I got there or the mileage for the trip.
You can download the GPX file to display on many mapping systems and shows the full GPS tracked route. The file contains the distance as well.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by auroraskyes
It isn't exactly what I was looking for. It makes a list of the destinations I have gone to, but it doesn't say how I got there or the mileage for the trip.
auroraskyes
Send a message

Post by bmad100
I have an old Garmin GPS that does this, it's 6 or 7 years old. I can download a csv file of each trip taken just like you describe. I wish waze had it.
bmad100
Send a message

Post by booboiboo
Did this feature get removed along the way? I was about to go grab a log of my drives but looking in the logged in view there is no trips anymore. Just total miles/km driven. What happened?
booboiboo
Send a message

Post by laraska43
I have my own business--and I was also audited once--so I am keenly aware of the information required by the IRS for tax purposes. The app I currently use to track mileage is MileTracker, which does include all reporting information needed to claim on taxes. It includes odometer readings, a notes section, client information, gas and oil expenses, parking expenses, etc. If the features of MileTracker were incorporated into Waze, it would be the perfect one-stop app for my business driving needs. Without the features included in MileTracker, a mileage log is useless for my business. I would LOVE to see the MileTracker features incorporated into Waze.
laraska43
Send a message
Last edited by gerben on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed the text coloring

Post by orla
Great Idea.
orla
Send a message

Post by orla
@Seaside: you are so right. It is already there.
orla
Send a message

Post by rmckinnon
I like this idea. Business people travel a lot and it would be another reason besides the points which will encourage people to have waze on all the time.
rmckinnon
Send a message