GPS tracks not updating?

Post by
Hi, sorry if this has been mentioned or dealt with before, I did search for GPS but the term is too short.

I see that my GPS tracks haven't been updated or they do not show on the map editor. I drove through all the new roads in my estate last week to have something to work with on the editor so I could create the new roads, but I don't see any tracks. in fact, there does seem to be an awful absence of tracks in my estate considering i've been driving thorugh this area for the past 3 months.

is there anything wrong?

POSTER_ID:1455585

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Tis all in the manual. Map Editing link in my sig. Enjoy!
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
traute wrote:I found that section today called my places and it was easy to find the roads I travelled on. Great tool !!!
Also part of the manual in the wiki.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
It is clear from the GPS tracks that there is a problem with NA server updating GPS points, as Ori has confirmed.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Does this also affect map problem generation and the last drive traces for the map problems? In other words are the map problems being generated based on out of date GPS tracks?

I ask in particular because there a couple small bridges that have been closed due to reconstruction in my area for at least the past five months. The roads have been broken at the bridges that are out. Map problems have recently poped up on them indicating that the roads do not connect. The GPS layer also shows tracks through the gap. Based on this information plus the efforts of less experienced editors to reconnect the road, I have reconnected the roads. I haven't had the opportunity to actually drive to these bridges to confirm their completion. However, the county website does not indicate completion, and for at least one the signs for the detour route are still up. I'm thinking that I and other editors here have acted on faulty data.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
:( We've had this discussion before. It still seems counter productive to me to for the system to flag problems based on GPS data older than the date of the last edit where the problem is. Particullarly when the GPS data used to generate the problem is half a year old. Why generate the problem now? I just don't understand whether this is the way the map problems are designed or not.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Anyone heard any further word on the updating of the GPS layer? It continues to be very outdated here.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Any further news on this issue? I'm still under the impression that the tracks in the GPS layer aren't very current. Users have sumbited URs from new roads here, but no tracks at all show for some of the roads. Are the latest GPS tracks being displayed?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by davboc
WeeeZer14 wrote:You should be able to see where you have driven in the map editor. On the left hand panel, My Places, Drives.
The drives with the application Waze opened but without navigation not appear in this section but only in the dashboard... this kind if drives are valid for waze points or for the sum of miles drives?
davboc
Send a message
Waze 4.39.0.4--Lenovo P2--Android 7.0

Post by davboc
RallyChris wrote:All miles count. Navigation mode doesn't make any difference in points calculated.
OK thanks!!!
davboc
Send a message
Waze 4.39.0.4--Lenovo P2--Android 7.0

Post by floppyrod84
What was wrong with paving in the app?

Sent from my X8 using Tapatalk
floppyrod84
Send a message