Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Traffic Cameras

Post by keepitmovin
I would love to see traffic cameras integrated into this app.
keepitmovin

POSTER_ID:2910036

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Red light cams and speed cams are integrated. If they are not showing/alerting, check the map editor speed cams layer on the website to see if people have already added them from the app (only place to add them is from the app). If so, you can position, aim and approve them. If they aren't there, you can report it from the app then check back in to the website in a couple of days to position, aim and approve it. The see the map editing link in my sig for the editing manual. There is not a lot of info about cameras except in the Editor Interface and Controls section.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Barracuda777
Don't think that will happen, as it means the local authorities need to grant access to Waze servers.
Barracuda777
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Can you expand a little?
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by gettingthere
The concept of Waze is that you shouldn't have to view traffic camera feeds and road colors to set a route to your destination. Assuming all is working well, the map in your area is in good shape, and there are lots of other Wazers you should be able to set a route and allow Waze to route you the fastest way.

These other apps that show the traffic camera feeds probably don't provide real time navigation, that considers average road speeds and up to the minute traffic information when setting a route AND re-routing if another route is faster as you are navigating.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by keepitmovin
dmcconachie wrote:Can you expand a little?
well, instead of using separate apps to see the local traffic, why not have the cameras inside the app?
keepitmovin
Send a message

Post by keepitmovin
i am referring to live traffic cameras. as far as granting access i don't think it works like that. the cameras and their links are available to the public (here in NY and i would assume other places as well). There are probably over a dozen free apps that provide live traffic cameras. It is definitely possible.
keepitmovin
Send a message

Post by zeo_hound
I think he is reffering to live traffic cameras. There are a few here in my country. I can access them by the internet.
zeo_hound
Send a message