Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Google & Waze - Whose Map Edits will prevail

Post by senmaps
Hi All,

With the news of Google Buying Waze, what is the impact on the Waze Editor community ? Google has a similar Google Mapmaker community and the maps in google are matured with good accuracy since it has been for long (I have also been part of the Google Mapmaker community for years before I started on Waze last year).

We have google Navigation & Waze Navigation, I tend to use Google navigation when travelling to rural areas in India and keep the Pave Road option enabled in Waze to replicate the same in Waze since Waze maps are not there for most parts of Rulral India (also since Waze allows you to edit a road section only if you have driven on it - unlike Google Mapmake ).

Will our edits in Waze map editor become redundant one day if Google decides to super impose the Google map onto waze ? Is it fruitful in spending time on Waze edits anymore ? (Ofcourse you get Points for editing - for those interested in scoring points )

Regards,
Senthil
senmaps

POSTER_ID:4685652

Send a message