These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Android beta version 2.3.99.116- Official feedback post

Post by
Hi guys,
This is the place to share your feedback about this version.
For release notes please see here:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 388#p84827

When you submit your feedback please make sure you mention what kind of Android & OS you use.

Thanks!
Efrat

POSTER_ID:376973

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Since we're well past v2.3 and Android is on v2.4.0.1 now, I'm going to suggest you upgrade to that version and respond in the threads specific to that version.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Atlas85
I've been running the new client for a few days now. It's horrible and unusable. It keeps jamming, have to force it to shut down constantly.
Atlas85
Send a message

Post by avozetta
I have one issue (so far, just appdated Andorid to 2.3.3) with this release. Every time I reject a speedcam (that is not there offcourse) waze will crash and I have to restart it waze again.
avozetta
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
/Anders
Sweden Wiki Master, Sweden Waze Champ, Sweden Country Manager, AM in Sweden/Stockholm area, Waze Beta Tester
Sony Xperia 5 IV Android 13

Post by Ayzen
dmcconachie wrote:Hi Efrat,

For me the widget just Force Closes all the time and leaves me with a never ending "Please wait".

Running Cyanogenmod 7.0.2 on HTC Desire

Darren
I also have this problem on my HTC Sensation.
Ayzen
Send a message

Post by Bait-Fish
Error79 wrote:Here a new one.
Once you muted during navigation, it is no longer possible to unmute again.
It simply stays on mute permanently :(
I have the same problem. Typically I let Waze navigate me most places but because I already know my way I keep the volume muted. This week there have been a few time I have gone somewhere less familiar and I wanted to hear the directions but have since not been able to restore the TTS. The option is always there to unmute and like previously posted, it behaves as if you clicked on it closing the menu but never restores the voice. All other voice prompts still operate, warnings, etc. Just no navigation. I checked my Android settings for another voice to switch to but all I have is one, Pico TTS.

LG Revolution
Android 2.2.2
Bait-Fish
Send a message

Post by Brshk1
dmcconachie wrote:Hi Efrat,

For me the widget just Force Closes all the time and leaves me with a never ending "Please wait".

Running Cyanogenmod 7.0.2 on HTC Desire

Darren
Same here.

I see no data until I open the Waze client, which starts crashing time after time (but only if the widget is in use). If closed, the widgets stays forever with a message, only that in the Spanish localized version only "Por favor," can be seen.

About the client itself, spontaneous crashes are gone, but these two days, the connection is lost very often, apart from taking ages until it finds the network after starting.
Brshk1
Send a message
CM Spain & GC|| Xiaomi Mi A1 / 9.0 stock || Waze: latest

(Beti berandu!!!).

Post by Brshk1
Going back to the client itself, has anybody else seen long time data disconnects in every route these days? I mean 5-10 minutes offline every hour, and that is happening randomly after Waze has successfully started.

Did I also mentioned that the "one item in the event list means not clickable (but yes if in the group event list)" issue still persists?
Brshk1
Send a message

(Beti berandu!!!).

Post by Brshk1
unwallflower wrote:Pings are still being sent to the wrong user sometimes. This really is a BAD bug, you guys. It's definitely the most concerning of all the Android bugs IMO.
Connectivity issues are even worst for me, not having found much use for the pings. It is impossible to be reported or to report alerts and speeds if one goes suddenly offline for several minutes, or it takes 2 mins to become online after starting Waze.

Is there any news on that, by the way?
Brshk1
Send a message
Last edited by Brshk1 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

(Beti berandu!!!).

Post by Brshk1
Cova_fe wrote:Do enyone got a problem with speed cams? Each time I mark "not here" on a speed cam, waze immediately crashes. Simple, repeatable every time :)

SGS, 2.3.4, italy.
I clicked "not here" for a particular speedcam a couple of times and it didn't crash, but I cannot remember if it was with this beta or the previous one.

Does it happen with the same cam or with different ones? Perhaps it is location dependant.
Brshk1
Send a message

(Beti berandu!!!).

Post by CBenson
This version contains new text to speech feature (TTS) which is available in USA & Canada only at this stage (hopefully will be available in other countries in the near future)
I'm getting a fair number of voice prompts that stop at the "at." For example, "In one tenth of a mile turn right at" with no road name spoken. This happens where the road name is more complicated than a simple two or three word street name which includes many ramp names. Does anyone know what is required to have the name of the turn spoken?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902