These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Borgholio
robin1979 wrote:
Borgholio wrote:Confirmed. Motion-X uses less battery than Waze. Sometimes on my wife's charger in her car, it can't even keep up with the battery drain when using Waze.
What iOS version? I had this problem with 5.x beta's and final. 5.0.1 solved the battery problem for me.
iOS 5.0.1 on the Iphone 3gs.
Borgholio
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
You will be assimilated...bunghole!

Area Manager - Southern California, Highway 395, Yosemite National Park, Mariposa County and surrounding area.

[img]https:///NvxDK[/img] [img]https:///ZPXMBb[/img]

Post by Borgholio
I did some more detailed testing and it seems the 3d map might be responsible. Switching to a screen where the 3d map isn't active greatly reduces the battery drain.
Borgholio
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
You will be assimilated...bunghole!

Area Manager - Southern California, Highway 395, Yosemite National Park, Mariposa County and surrounding area.

[img]https:///NvxDK[/img] [img]https:///ZPXMBb[/img]

Post by BrianCanFixIT
small GUI bug.
Typed text is over the cancel "x" on the right side.
see attached image.
BrianCanFixIT
Send a message
Attachments
Area Manager: Sacramento & rural California
iPhone 4s, iOS 5.0.1 JB

Post by brwillia33
I simply could not use this iphone app, however compelling. The battery drain was like nothing I have ever seen before. I could not uninstall fast enough. I'm sorry to report, because I see the vision and I WANT to get behind it.
brwillia33
Send a message

Post by cactus22minus1
tchjunky wrote:I'm using an iPhone connected to my car stereo through the 30-pin connector and the text to speech volume is too low compared to music/podcasts. When I turn up the car volume to hear the spoken directions, the music is way too loud.
Ditto- It's definitely a lot quieter than the old voices. Even when not plugged into my stereo, using the loudspeaker with the volume cranked to 100% is not loud enough anymore. But I do understand that the functionality is far superior(and have already enjoyed said functionality!) and if this is somehow a limitation of the TTS system being used, then it's no skin off my back.
cactus22minus1
Send a message

Post by centauri
The app uses too much power. even if i simulate the same conditions. Like starting a offline navigator, and for the 3g i start spotify. So the screen, gps en data are all on then still the battery isn't draining. It only is with waze on. The charger is built in in the car and delivers enough power.
centauri
Send a message

Post by cobra
Has anyone noticed the display 'flash'? Sometimes when routing, on a zoom change, all the surrounding roads and other objects on the display flash on/off rapidly. It occurs after the screen rotation to new position, for example when turning at a road intersection. Nothing else bad seems to happen. It occurs for a couple seconds, then seems to settle down. With 4S, 5.0.1, waze 3.0.1.0 .
cobra
Send a message

Post by cobra
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
cobra wrote:Has anyone noticed the display 'flash'? Sometimes when routing, on a zoom change, all the surrounding roads and other objects on the display flash on/off rapidly. It occurs after the screen rotation to new position, for example when turning at a road intersection. Nothing else bad seems to happen. It occurs for a couple seconds, then seems to settle down. With 4S, 5.0.1, waze 3.0.1.0 .
Yes, known issue, especially in 2D mode with autozoom by distance enabled. Are your settings the same?
Yes, those are the same settings. Thanks.
cobra
Send a message

Post by cobra
JanneB65 wrote:A few wishes regarding new functionality in a future version of the Waze client:
2. Traffic reports – when stopping under navigation (e.g. at a traffic light) traffic reports pop up. That is good but I'm primarily interested in warnings on my route. It's ok to get the other ones around where I am as well but some kind of coding (different color?) of those on my route would be good.
This reminds me... The 3.0 client seems to have increased the size of the traffic reports that pop up when you stop. I was kind of entertained (and sad :) ) to notice that it is still zooming and rotating the map to the location of the traffic report... but this is almost totally obscured by the dialog with the traffic info that overlays it... It's impossible to see enough of the map to tell where the trouble is in relation to anything else.
cobra
Send a message

Post by cobra
And what phone? Maybe these reports are because Waze 3 and iPhone/iOS 5.0 came out close together. On the iPhone 4S (and maybe the 4? I don't recall if reports where made against both) there were a lot of complaints of high battery drain in general. 5.0.1 had some specific fixes for battery drain, and Apple claimed more were coming after that.
cobra
Send a message