These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

iOS Version 3.1 Feedback Thread

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Post your feedback and comments here please.

What's New in Version 3.1
  • Hands free operation - Use voice commands to share road events or have Waze direct you to home or work. (Initially available for US & Canada only)
  • Share your location or destination via text or email, or update others on new ETA when running late. Your friends can click on the link in the message and launch Waze directly to that destination.
  • Navigation list is back! You'll find it in main menu while in navigation
  • Improved Bluetooth support
  • Lots of bug fixes and optimization
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:701618

Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Inactive user -1643879044-
I'm noticing with my iPad (Retina) while navigating in Waze that some popup notifications are showing up partially offscreen. They usually seem to overlap the bottom of the screen (making the close button impossible to see/tap). I usually use the iPad in landscape mode, so I'm not sure whether it happens in portrait mode or not.
Inactive user -1643879044-
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Essential for accurate voice recognition: ability to give commands over a bluetooth headset.

Bug: Even with voice commands turned OFF, the proximity sensor is still active and blanks the screen when your hand gets close.

Prefer Goodie Munching is still available. Why oh why!?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
In the iOS last beta, it was reported that there is a discrepancy between the ETA shown onscreen and the ETA sent in email/text notifications. I have found that as you drive, this discrepancy gets worse and worse. Check out the two screenshots below showing this:
wrong_eta_med.jpg
(95.12 KiB) Downloaded 3857 times
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
mdspiro wrote:There is no text Navigation List. Am I missing something obvious here? Help!
Main menu, swipe left to reveal a panel with buttons for nav list and sharing.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
TheBuca wrote:1) "Report police" immediately reports a police trap without asking for info. I needed to specify it was visible and in the other lane.
Reported as part of the beta too. This is the first try at ASR, so there are a whole bunch of gaps right now.
TheBuca wrote:... it'd be nice to take it a step further and pause between the slashes in the road name.
Known issue they say will be fixed, but it shouldn't require a client-side change. TTS info comes from the server.
TheBuca wrote:4) When using the speaking function, at what point is your position saved? When you first activate it by waving, when it recognizes your command, or when it actually sends the report?
Very good question. If it behaves like tapping on the report menu, it should tag it at the wave of the hand, or at least after processing the word "report." May need to test this out.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
osbumlets wrote:Has anybody else noticed that after searching for an address, you can set it as your START POINT?(!)
Yep. And it works finally, now too. :) In one of the betas it would reset the start point to your current location as soon as you selected a destination. It seems to work ok now.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
When Waze comes to a situation where it gives TTS instructions which run right together due to length of announcement, speed and distance between turns, then Waze gets "confused" as to the state of playback and will keep the other app paused.

When "play to speaker" is selected, and this happens, Waze will output a short amount of TTS instruction over BT instead, because it's trying to do too many things too quickly. And from then on, it will not play any TTS to BT or over the speaker until you restart the app. I can repeat this any time.

I have submitted logs after this happens six times in the last two days.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
mkmccarty wrote:I was hoping the frequent navigation recalculation crash was gone in 3.1, but it's still there. I suspect I'll continue sending the my too frequent crash reports.
I didn't experience a recalculation crash until this morning. But the circumstances were odd.

I decided to stop at a store before continuing to work. I let Waze recalculate several times as I went through the parking lot. The store was closed, so I continued back out of the parking lot. As I did, Waze would do the recalculate, then would put up a single route selection option, as if I had asked for alternate routes.

Problem was, there was no route information in the single box. I tapped on it. Waze thought for a moment and then came back with "Uh-oh! Unknown alternative 1."

It then presented me with a route to drive, and even the next turn was correct, but as I drove a bit, the TTS prompted me to make the next turn, which was still over 6 miles away. It then recalculated the route and repeated the "unknown alternate 1" routine 3 or 4 times until the app finally crashed. I submitted logs, which were, thankfully, running in debug mode.

EDIT: This was a fresh install of Waze (removed previous version) 3.1.
EDIT2: Of course I uploaded logs. :mrgreen:
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
univtex34 wrote:Handsfree notification will not work while in landscape mode, works fine in portrait, but I cannot get it to activate in landscape....
That's a known limitation required by Apple. Waze has no way to change this.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message