These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Lag in map

Post by Dantoniov
Sometimes I find myself passed where the map says I'm at, in other words, passed an intersection about 5-10 seconds before the map shows I'm passed it. Maybe it's because I'm using the motorcycle icon? Using a Galaxy S 4g, firmware 2.2.1, Baseband version T959VuVkd1, kernel 2.6.32.9 however, this just updated last night so it was the previous ve ion for this model LOL, sowwy.... ;)
Dantoniov

POSTER_ID:5707050

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jasonh300 wrote:My iPhone does this but the TTS is right on. I think it's just a delay on the display.
Ditto. Sometimes, the display will lag, especially during quick turns, such as exiting parking lots, and/or when it is recalculating, but the TTS somehow seems to keep up ok.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by briedis
I'm using HTC Wildfire, latest Waze version.

Sometimes the map show my position like 1 minute ago. Only thing that helps is to restart waze.
briedis
Send a message

Post by Dantoniov
I meant to say I'm passed the intersection for 5-10 seconds before waze shows I'm going by it. I'm a lead foot so maybe....jk...
Dantoniov
Send a message

Post by Dantoniov
Interesting, I really love the app... I'll keep a close watch on how it responds...today has been 50/50
Dantoniov
Send a message

Post by harling
Dantoniov wrote:Sometimes I find myself passed where the map says I'm at, in other words, passed an intersection about 5-10 seconds before the map shows I'm passed it... Using a Galaxy S 4g, firmware 2.2.1, Baseband version T959VuVkd1, kernel 2.6.32.9 however, this just updated last night...
If you try to start navigating when you're already in motion, what happens?

Yours is now the fourth phone (including mine) to experience a display lag of one sort or another, and all four are running older Android revisions.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by harling
As I reported here, I may have found a workaround to the problem of navigation failing while the map is lagging: turn off the display, or switch to a different app. Evidently, if the client stops having to update the display, the backlog clears itself quickly, allowing the client to contact the routing server and start navigating.

If this strategy is effective on your device, please let us know.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by jasonh300
My iPhone does this but the TTS is right on. I think it's just a delay on the display.

I'm not drunk...I'm using Tapatalk.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by phil_whiteboy
I also have noticed a lag in map location. It will show me half a block to a block behind where i actually am driving. And this theory about screen updates falling behind, don't know if i believe that one as if i pull over and stop driving it never catches up, still shows me half a block behind. I can switch to Google maps or other map apps and it shows me dead on. So don't suggest its my GPS being unaccurate.

Related to this, when im doing pac-man and have reached the end of the dots my location gets stuck there. I will be about 6 to 8 blocks away before it finally jumps the location icon to my true location. I know the APP/GPS is still tracking me because as i speed up or slow down the map will still zoom in and out, even though my location icon is still stuck at the end of the dots.

This leads me to believe the app is trying to sync with the servers to award points, mark path driven, etc and software-wise the updating of the map location is held up waiting for this function to complete. I would be happier if the developers designed the data functions to happen in the background. No part of the map or nav should be waiting for it to finish before continuing.
phil_whiteboy
Send a message

Post by redeuxx
I am also experiencing laggy map/location updates. Just today, I finished munching on a set of dots and then my location on the map lagged and didn't update for four blocks. Other times it has resulted in the client not properly munching over roads I'm going over.

I am running the Galaxy Note ... Android 2.3.6.
redeuxx
Send a message