These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

New beta version for iOS- 3.1.0.994- Official feedback post

Post by
Hi guys,

A new beta release is ready for you to test!

Full link: itms-services://?action=download-manifest&url=http://waze.s3.amazonaws.com/client/ver ... .994.plist

Changes:
- Pioneer AppRadio support
- Audio & volume fixes
- Fixed alerts list with missing chit-chat text
- Improved rendering speed (performance)
- Crash fixes
- Other bug fixes

PLEASE NOTE: right now our beta group is full. Those of you who are already in the group - a notification for the new beta is waiting in your mail. If you didn't receive it, please contact us (beta@waze.com)

Thanks!

POSTER_ID:4932690

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
None of the open Known Issues listed on the wiki page have been addressed. The only thing added is a "device volume" slider, but the other sound-related menu items which are misnamed still work and don't work just the same. I see no purpose for this beta.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Audio settings other than volume are still messed up. Why can't the audio settings be simplified just like every other app?
  • With the phone not connected to any bluetooth device and play output to speaker off, all sounds go to the speaker, even when Waze is in the background.
  • With the phone connected to a bluetooth device and play output to speaker off, all sounds go to the bluetooth, except when Waze is in the background and no sounds are played at all.
  • With the phone connected to a bluetooth device and play output to speaker on, all sounds go to the speaker, except when Waze is in the background and no sounds are played at all.
  1. Get rid of "Play output to speaker" as that isn't what it really means.
  2. Get rid of "prefer bluetooth" because it doesn't serve a function that anyone has found.
The controls should be:
  1. A selector to either play sound to bluetooth or to the phone. Apps can't override when a wired headset is plugged in, I don't think. That's considered "phone." The setting should revert to the previous setting.
  2. If bluetooth is selected for output, a selector for which bluetooth device to use. (I suppose this and the selector above could be combined into a single control.)
  3. A selector to choose what device to accept voice commands through
We should not have to deal with being forced to listen to prompts through bluetooth only just because the phone is connected via bluetooth to some device, and if we choose the "phone" option, it should still play in the background all the time.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
FrisbeeDog wrote:Confirmed audio is still not fixed. Horrible issues with Waze stopping my music and not restarting via line out. I've also had TTS stop and not restart.
What app is affected? Does the small "playing" triangle in the status bar show?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
FrisbeeDog wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
FrisbeeDog wrote:Confirmed audio is still not fixed. Horrible issues with Waze stopping my music and not restarting via line out. I've also had TTS stop and not restart.
What app is affected? Does the small "playing" triangle in the status bar show?
My problems are just from playing mp3's. Here's the scenario:
1) Plug-in phone via dock connector
Waze should work in this scenario, but I think there are perhaps other issues I don't know about when it comes to the dock connector, which, from an audio standpoint, isn't the same as "line out," which I consider to be the headphone jack.

In the audio app you are using, which I assume is "Music," test how the behavior of Waze/audio change (or not) if you play music via the speaker instead of the dock connector. Also, test with Waze set to "play sound to speaker" off and then both the music and Waze should play over the dock connector and iOS will duck the Music audio and not pause it.

In my opinion, the "play sound to speaker" option in Waze is badly named and incorrectly implemented. As I documented a while back, this option tells iOS it needs to pause and resume any other audio-playing app and Waze does not play prompts when backgrounded. This is because iOS only allows output to a single device at any time. When apps are set to different output locations, iOS will try and pause/resume. When they are set to same output location, iOS will just duck the audio.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Good news: when the phone time changes, the eta changes too. I crossed timezones today and the eta and timerem adjusted as well. Nice.

Still a bug: everything else noted previously including that as you drive, the share Dest email/text showing the eta gets more and more inaccurate.

--
If it looks strange, or I used bad grammar or misspelled anything, it's my phone's fault.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Closed due to new beta, which looks like it's got some stuff to test. :)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by dmcconachie
sketch wrote:
gettingthere wrote: * If you choose to drive with North Up - it should not change to another value on it's own after showing reports, placing a report, etc. - I have not tried this setting, so I don't know for sure if it is still an issue with the release version of Waze or betas.
Actually, to be quite honest, when Waze does the report slideshow while you're stopped, the map should always display north-up. The maps are only really helpful if I know what I'm looking at, and without the context of actually being there, heading-up makes no sense at all.

It should then, when you're moving again, revert to whichever setting you were using beforehand.
+1!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
I'm certainly no expert but it never ceases to amaze me how difficult some of these changes appear to be. Like the code is written in Swahili!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by FrisbeeDog
Confirmed audio is still not fixed. Horrible issues with Waze stopping my music and not restarting via line out. I've also had TTS stop and not restart.
FrisbeeDog
Send a message
Level 6 Editor
Country Manager: US
Area Manager: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Surrounding Areas of North Carolina