I got the email for this beta just as I was about to leave Colchester for home (a trip of about 150 miles) so it was still downloading on 3G as I set off.
Any, once running I had a quick play (though I did not explore everything in depth as I was driving).
My initial observations as as follows:
1. This beta is not stable at all. In 2.5 hour drive it crashed repeatedly (maybe 7 times, seemingly afer about 15 mins each time?). Debug mode logs uploaded.
2. TTS seems to work OK some of the time, but it keeps switching between normal voices and the TTS voice, very disconcerting (probably due to the constant need to upload crash logs?)
3. What does the not yet mentioned "Inbox" feature in my Waze do ... how do we send messages?
4. Selecting the category button always results in a crash.
5. "Prefer goodie munching" is still there, thought that was being removed?
6. The missing landscape mode is a real problem for me as the cradle in my car is landscape so it's hard to drive and Waze as I have to keep tilting my head
7. The slider for Device Volume in the Sound settings looks wrong (compared to the prompts volume one).
1. The feedback form doesn't give me to the option to select this beta version (only the android .105 version)
2. Is there a roadmap for allowing ROW users to get ASR and/or gas Pricing (or petrol to us brits) ... TTS has taken over a year.