OK, observations from my drive home through rush hour from Telford to Lincoln (110 miles):
1. No Toll road avoidance. Waze does not seem capable of a route East/West or West/East north of Birmingham that does not involve the overpriced M6 Toll. Routes just gives you choices of where you exit the toll (A38/A5/M69). I know that this is not new to this beta but Waze is effectively useless for navigation in this area without Toll avoidance, please, please, please let's have it soon!
2. Stability. Only 2 crashes today, possibly due to deletion and re-install but this release is still nowhere near as stable as it should be.
3. Landscape mode missing. I know it's in the release notes but I'm getting a sore neck trying to look at it sideways while driving
3. Zoom by Distance. Waze is zooming in way too far ... to the point you can't see the junction:
4. TTS vs displayed distance. The new UK TTS is great (though she does, like the US voice sound like she's down a drain!) but when you're getting close to a junction the voice announces in yards and the screen is in feet. Can we unify our units? (Yards preferred under say 1/4 mile)
5. I've noticed a few times that if you deviate from the route auto recalculation does not always take place, at one point today 5 minutes passed (phone signal OK too).
6. Rendering Issues. Sometimes on dual carriageways Waze doesn't render the road correctly. It's OK on the web live map and if you zoom in the out (or vice versa) it's OK. I've noticed this prior to the beta but managed to get a screenshot before.