These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

iPhone Beta 3.1.99.28 Feedback thread

Post by
What is new?
  • Tap ETA box to show full ETA info (including stop-point)
  • New car icon - truck
  • Coupon for a gas station with promotion is taken automatically, when you set the station as your destination/stop-point (you'll get a notification for the saved coupon and it will pop-up again when you'll get to the station)
  • New stop-point icon and route color
  • New map problem - misplaced gas station
  • Cancel stop-point option
What is fixed?
  • Crash / stuck when closing search results
  • Gas prices mismatch (between category results and Info tab of the station)
  • Waze rounds 90 degree turns
Known issues:
  • 'Gas stations menu' and 'updating gas prices' - available on US only
Please fill out the questionnaire with your comments about this version.

POSTER_ID:4932690

Send a message
Last edited by gettingthere on Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed the download link since the Beta is not public.

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I had some difficulties this morning. Logs were upload twice and maybe three times.

1. After selecting to route to a stop point, Waze put the icon in the ETA box and I could bring up the info box, but the route color was purple not pink.
wrong_route_color.png
In stop-point mode according to ETA box, but not nav line
(48.13 KiB) Downloaded 1877 times
2. I believe that something happened to cause some kind of timeout related to routing, and after this, the pink route color appeared on the roads, but the next turn and ETA box were gone. However, the main menu also showed that Waze thought it was in nav mode.
stop_point_nav_line_no_eta.png
In stop-point nav mode by line color, but no ETA or turn info
(67.4 KiB) Downloaded 1877 times
main_menu_navmode.png
The main menu also shows we are in navigation mode
(81.5 KiB) Downloaded 1880 times
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
(Continuing this morning's saga due to post attachment limit.)

3. After getting things set again with my main destination, I added a stop point. Waze created the route to my stop point starting on a different street than I was currently driving on.
stop_point_nav_wrong_road.png
Navigation to stop point started on a different road
(110.51 KiB) Downloaded 1878 times
4. I zoomed out to look at the route and it is interesting that the pink stop-point nav line extends past the actual stop point to an intersection between the stop point and destination.
stop_point_nav_line_extends_beyond_stop_point.PNG
Stop point nav line doesn't end at stop point
(143.36 KiB) Downloaded 1876 times
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
(Continuing again...)

5. After arriving at my stop point, Waze never updated turns or distance again. I arrived at my destination without having received a turn instruction or distance update, even though Waze continued to follow me on the map. It didn't recalculate when I went off the route.
IMG_1755.PNG
On route, no distance or turn update #1
(91.87 KiB) Downloaded 1916 times
IMG_1756.PNG
Off planned route, no distance or turn update #2
(93 KiB) Downloaded 1918 times
IMG_1757.PNG
Arrived at destination; no announcement or end of routing #3
(109.68 KiB) Downloaded 1915 times
Also interesting: in the last screenshot, at my destination, it shows that I have 3.6 miles to go, which is correct from my stop point to destination, but the ETA has updated based on the time-to-destination of 17 minutes. Waze, for whatever reason, didn't think I left my stop point.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
From previous beta version thread:
gettingthere wrote:Bug. Waze does not return to your current location if you do the following:

* On a route
* Check alternative routes
* Do not change your route by selecting an alternative route
* Click the back button on the alternative routes screen to return to the map

When Wazes returns to the map it is in some location that shows a camera. Maybe the 'center of the earth'? This is reproducible. It happens every time I follow these steps.
I am unable to reproduce this. I tried it three times yesterday in different locations. I was routing, brought up alternates and then hit Back and I was back to my route in follow mode.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Bugs previously reported in beta and still exist in this one:

Reporting gas prices stops me-on-map mode When I tap gas prices and the car moves on down the road as I enter prices, when I return to the map using the Close button, the map is stuck at the location I tapped the Report button. Very annoying. It should return to me-on-map mode.

Stop point not considered as a "break" in routing Turn instructions still are incorrect at the stop point if it is within a parking lot. The turn will say the name of the next street to exit the parking lot from. Even without a "stop delay" Waze should not put anything on-screen related to the route after the stop, especially pulling forward the turn street turn name. It is extremely confusing.

Category results while navigating show, more often than not, search results which are behind me on portions of the route I already passed. For an app focused on commuting, going backward is usually not a good idea. These search results should show results ahead of me first. I know this is more complicated than a simple by-distance ordering, but otherwise, it requires way too much time looking at the phone to figure out which direction things are in.

Debug mode indicator missing in landscape mode

Landscape report menu disappears on rotation to portrait mode And, in fact it is "worse" than I thought. If you are on the 2nd page in landscape mode and go back to the main screen (don't select anything from the report menu), and then at any time switch back to portrait, the Report menu will be empty when you bring up the report menu again.

Things which are fixed. Thank you!

Black text on red background for alert counter and thumbs up now uses white text. Better.

Category search results shows kilometers only is now showing me miles in the tests I've done so far.

(Probably more I am forgetting about.)

New Issues and Suggestions

When adding a stop point, "set as start point" should be removed from the More menu. I've tapped this more than one time. If the point is to navigate to a stop point while you are in navigation mode, I believe the "set as start point" button should be disabled or hidden.

Rename "Go" button when searching for stop point Perhaps it is just me, but when I am navigating and want to add a stop point, I find that the "Go" button to actually add the stop point and perform routing, is misnamed. Maybe something like "Add & Go"? Anyone else have any good ideas here?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
gettingthere wrote:Were your driving or not moving? I think that if you are driving Waze will switch back to your current view on the map. I believe the issue that I reported only happens when you are not moving (as in at a traffic light checking alternative routes to see the differences in travel times).
Not driving, but was in motion, yes. You didn't specify that little detail in your initial write-up. I'll try it later today.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
gettingthere wrote:* I then received a message that my account was already logged in.
I've seen this happen when, on a phone with limited data plan, I've turned off the data connection on the phone settings. When I turn it back on and Waze reconnects to the server farm, it gives this "already logged in" message.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
gettingthere wrote:Regarding the new function - "New map problem - misplaced gas station"

Does this show up in WME as an Update Request, if so, how do we deal with it since the gas stations are not displayed in the editor.

Or

Does this map problem go directly to Waze to get corrected in the source data?
I also have a related question: how does one report a missing gas station? And, as the above, what happens to these? Where do they "go" and who handles them?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
gettingthere wrote:Were your driving or not moving? I think that if you are driving Waze will switch back to your current view on the map. I believe the issue that I reported only happens when you are not moving (as in at a traffic light checking alternative routes to see the differences in travel times).
Not driving, but was in motion, yes. You didn't specify that little detail in your initial write-up. I'll try it later today.
I can confirm that if you are not in motion, i.e. stopped, and you request Routes, and then hit the Back button without selecting an alternate, the map display shows Lat 0, Lon 0.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
When the stop-point route and the destination route overlap, the destination route color is the only one which shows. This should be the opposite: the Stop-point route (currently pink) color should always show on top of the purple destination route color.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message