Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

[updated] waze beta for Blackberry - your feedback please!

Post by
This is the place to discuss your comments, bugs, problems, (and compliments) about the new waze version (beta) for BlackBerry.

Please note: waze beta for blackberry is designed for BlackBerry models 8900 and higher.
It is not supported on BlackBerry touch screen devices, though it might run on them (in compatability mode). However, we do not officially support touch screen BB at the moment.

thanks!

POSTER_ID:84

Send a message

Post by Agua-Moose
Waze works great on my Blackberry 8900. Thank you Waze team for creating such a super app.
Agua-Moose
Send a message

Post by BenGTT
Hi,

I am from France and have a Blackberry Curve 9300 "3G" with OS 5.0.0.832.
My first smartphone wasn't working with Waze. I couldn't log on, it seems that no connection was possible. It is the only program that can't connect. Firewall is disabled, APN are ok, and all permission are allowed.
This smartphone was replaced today with a new one. The old went to waranty. I have the same issue with the new BB 9300. So I suppose the problem was not related to the device.

Do you have an idea ? Any new version ? I asked to have access to the beta testing two weeks ago but didn't get any answer.

Thank you.

Benjamin
BenGTT
Send a message

Post by bigOcable
Verizon BB 8530 (5.0.0.508)

Installed and running fine. Took a while to download the maps originally, but that was expected. Took about 10 minutes for the satellites to acquire the first time, an less than a minute every time after that. I'm at work so I haven't had a chance to drive anywhere but around the corner for lunch, but it seemed fast and accurate. Looking forward to testing it out further in the coming days.
bigOcable
Send a message

Post by boardopboy
Ok, so I don't see berries on my BB 8900?

I see them on my iPod. All around me. Those same berries are not on my 8900?

I do get a memory error on app luanch on my BlackBerry, but I can click past it and the app behaves as expected, with the exception of the berries!

Where are the berries?!?!
boardopboy
Send a message

Post by boardopboy
@lyndaw and @dispatcher35:

These navigations issue pop up because the maps are still incomplete... In that respect, that app is working right, it's just being fed the wrong information!

One of the BEST things about Waze is the ability for the end user to edit the maps!

I'd bet, if you go the Live Map / Update Map section of the Waze website and check out the areas where it was telling you to drive over a median, you'll see some some sort of problem, that you can fix! It's got to be the coolest thing going! Well, that and driving through an area you fixed and having it work right and saying "I did that!" Love it!!!

I will warn you though, map editing is HIGHLY addictive! Have fun!

-Jeremy
boardopboy
Send a message

Post by Bullety
Isn't there a bugtracker for the different clients?

I think feedback in a forum is good, but having a bugtracker is also needed.

The forum has so many information and it is very difficult to search for existing bugs or if they should be fixed.

Waze team, wouldn't this be a better possibility?
There could be projects for each client (iPhone, BB, Android etc) and also the cartouche etc.

If every user registered on the waze site could have access to it, it would be better organized i think.
Also, the tracking of bugs would be much more easier.
Bullety
Send a message

Post by Bullety
Is there still activity in the beta program?

The last beta version I got from alpha was two months ago, the version I am currently using is 1.9.0.3

One of the biggest features I am missing is the speed cam function, we can see at uservoice that the fix for this feature is also at the second place.
Bullety
Send a message
Area Manager Raum Göppingen

Post by Bullety
Can anyone confirm what fulviov said?

Is the BlackBerry client development really terminated (I mean also the non-touch version)?

I hope not...
Bullety
Send a message

Post by Bullety
It's really a pity that the BlackBerry version is so out of date instead of the other versions.

I would love seeing some development going on there (maybe a new beta)...
Bullety
Send a message

Post by Bullety
I just got a mail from waze alpha telling me that BlackBerry 2.0 version is in development :)
Bullety
Send a message