Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by DG567
gildan2020 wrote:Hi,

I am using Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with Android version 4.1.2. My phone is connected to the car stereo via bluetooth for music listening.

Whenever I start Waze to navigate anywhere, the voice navigation (or any sound from Waze) will interrupt my music app.

Music playing -> Music paused -> Waze voice navigation provide instructions -> Music resumed

Waze used to allow the music to continue playing in the background while it provides the voice navigation. In case you are wondering, the "Route sound to speaker" option is already off.

Any idea how to resolve this? Thanks in advanced.
I think this was changed because users requested it. Personally, I prefer it to pause because I listen to vocal podcasts in the background.
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by DG567
yoyo-42 wrote:
Autourdupc wrote: This should be a setting... And permits all users to select their needs !
If I start a podcast player (beyondpod on a Samsung i9300 running jellybean) then start waze, on startup the podcast player stops completely and I have to pop out of waze to restart it.

This is a recent change, it worked before and didn't interrupt the podcast except when speaking.

I usually have voice muted anyway.
I think this is partly related to system resources. Beyondpod pauses ok for me, but if the phone is being sluggish it will quit totally.
Likewise, Waze can be put into the background ok most of the time, but if I then run music and send sms, it will quit totally.
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by DG567
Autourdupc wrote:
Mike-1323 wrote:
DG567 wrote:I think this was changed because users requested it. Personally, I prefer it to pause because I listen to vocal podcasts in the background.
I know a number of users, including myself, requested this as we listen to audiobooks while commuting.
This should be a setting... And permits all users to select their needs !
+1
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by DG567
twist3r wrote:How can I manually switch to internal routing feature if I see that the routing online is not working?
Turn off Wi-Fi and 3G.
If Waze knows there is no data connection it will route internally. My impression is that timeout occurs when it thinks there should be a connection (3G is on), but it can't connect (signal is weak, or server is busy, or the phone is doing something else to use the bandwidth).
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by DG567
twist3r wrote:Why not just use the internal routing system if the online one fails ? Eventually with a notice that is using internal routing system.
Yes, that would be better. Unfortunately, Waze doesn't do that at the moment. Hopefully it's going to be tackled, as it's a pretty big flaw. This evening, I used small country lanes. 3 times Waze deleted my route to recalculate. Then it failed, leaving me with nothing. 3 times I had to stop, turn off 3g and reroute.
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Dgwood12
Hate the new popup when opening the app and it asks you if you are going to be traveling to work for example and then it opens the old popup after. I think the new one is pretty pointless.

I liked the old one before because I never navigate with waze. I hate the voice It uses and refuse to navigate with anything other than the Google navigation app because of how nice the new jelly bean text to speech is.

Anyhow, I liked in the previous version when it asked if I was traveling to work I could see the commute laid out with the line in the popup that shows a summary. Now I have to wait for the new pointless popup to go away and then view the summary and then close out navigation. Very annoying. Even if I did use the turn by turn navigation, I think the new popup is pointless.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Dgwood12
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
It's basically setting a temporary turn restriction by the look of it, so there's no way to close a road per se
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
Wajo357 wrote:Even though I don't use foursquare, I'm going to ask it because I know it will come eventually. Did the feature go away or is it hidden somewhere else?
Navigate to your destination then it's one of the buttons on the new arrival toolbar that pops up.
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Doesn't matter how many zeros you add your vote is still only worth 1!

You can still check-in via waze. There are 2 methods already described that are hardly a hardship.
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by DonJ2
Add me to the list of users that miss the Foursquare checkin button. The new button location does not work so well if you're trying to checkin to a venue that is along your route (like hitting the McDonald's drive through for coffee while travelling to work destination), or if you've reached your destination without using navigation in the first place. Very frustrating.

Question: Does the sound mute feature of this new version mute ALL sound like the beta version did? If it does, then I have an issue with that change too. When I travel between work and home, I enable navigation to get the best route, but I don't need the turn-by-turn instructions, so I use MUTE. But now, mute will also mute alerts along the way. I really don't want to watch the screen the entire trip just to make sure I don't miss a road alert.
DonJ2
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Area Manager: Florida - Brevard, Lake, Osceola, Orange, Seminole, Volusia
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Verizon - Android 4.4.2