These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Dzzydvl
I downloaded Waze 3.7.2 yesterday and started using it. When I'm on wifi, Waze starts up fine but when I'm connected to 3G, Waze would open, display the splash screen, display a blank map with "Big" on it, display the map and promptly force close itself. This would happen repeatedly.

I'm using Nexus 4 with Android 4.3
Dzzydvl
Send a message

Post by eclectice
Via Sony xperia tipo dual 320 x 480 pixels at 180 ppi screen, the buttons overflow in Report dialog box in landscape view since Waze 3.7.0. They are OK in portrait view. Surprisingly, there is no problem for Menu dialog box in any view, though.

Report dialog box in landscape view:
http://bit.ly/15Vcsmh

Report dialog box in portrait view:
http://bit.ly/15Vde2O

Menu dialog box in landscape view:
http://bit.ly/1btO4cC

Menu dialog box in portrait view:
http://bit.ly/12kmnDv
eclectice
Send a message

Post by eclectice
Remember the feature when Waze will ask us to confirm the current traffic condition via a dialog box?

I got this but suddenly it encountered an error telling me it could not get the location for the traffic condition that I'd confirmed. But, my connection was OK and GPS was good at that time (as the car pointer was still moving along the route)! The button would show the 5-second rotating progression dial as usual. But, it didn't close by itself after that! I had to manually press the button to close the dialog box. Surprisingly, I could still report any alert via Reports menu!

This problem happens many times already in this along my preferred route for this week. I face this issue since Waze 3.7.0.
eclectice
Send a message

Post by fdr11968
Are you running anything else, like Spotify? My wave commmand and voice activation only works when I am just running Waze. Wave slowly a couple of times and it should work.
fdr11968
Send a message

Post by Feva08
Sorry if this is not the correct place as it is my first post but:

I have a Nexus 4 which just recently receive Android 4.3 and since then the sound does not work correctly through the phones speaker. I just get part of the command being issued. So for "in 0.6 miles turn left" all I get is "6 miles".

When running on bluetooth to the car speakers it works but thats no good as you then cannot have the radio / CD on :?

Is this a known issue and how do you report it?
Feva08
Send a message

Post by FlashBuddy
Ya, I've been having a helluva time logging in on my Galaxy 2. While I can enter the username and password, there is no submit button, or login, or go, or any button at al. What is up with that?

...and why won't my screen rotate on my iPad? ... I take it back, my iPad just rotated, phew!
FlashBuddy
Send a message

Post by FlashBuddy
WeeeZer14 wrote:
KoekieMie wrote:I don't know if this is a bug or just a feeling...

For some weeks now I don't see any traffic colours on a specific part of my road to work although there is traffic reported by other Wazers (bubbles). There is also no average speed shown.
When I arrive at the traffic location, I report the traffic again, but no changes are made to the road colour.

Is this a road related problem? Or is it a device or OS related problem?
I've searched this toppic, but couldn't find anything like this.

Thanks!
KoekieMie

Road: A12 between Boom and connection to R0 direction Namur (Belgium).
Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
There is some uncertainty to this theory, but the theory is that if a road is always backed up at a certain time of day, that is therefore normal and will not be shaded. This makes sense for dense urban areas at rush hour since it is expected that roads will be jammed to some degree. Shading each and every road red does not provide useful information. Now if some road is backed up even more then normal, THEN it will show with a color shading and THAT is useful since it is out of the normal range.

If I remember right, this theory does apply for the international server but does NOT apply for the US server (although we thought it did).
Wouldn't more than 1 report be needed to effect a color change. Would such a global change be left to the whim of one Wazer?
FlashBuddy
Send a message

Post by fmadika
I'm using HTC One X. Android 4.1.1, after update Waze, it crashes on start (most of the time).
fmadika
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Actually, why do the updates give no version number on the Play Store's News: section? (I do not remember, whether just this particular one, or also never before.)
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
In [url=http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=455056#p455056]Android v3.7 Official Feedback Thread[/url], foxitrot wrote: Yesterday and today's morning I was navigating without any problem. But since today's second drive I'm experiencing ... spontaneous restart problems upon entering the navigation subdialog ...
Today a similarly timed issue - the second drive on the second day, my recent drives and favorites are gone :-?

Just after launch I've switched to Invisible node, then been driving without being navigated. A few minutes later I've noticed that both lists were empty - just Home + Work (tap to define) and blue Facebook. Leaving the Invisible mode had no effect.

After restarting the client, both lists were again populated with my destinations. Invisible mode had (as expected) no effect anymore.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).