These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Android beta 2.0.2.9 - Feedback and problems

Post by
New Android beta available to download http://tiny.cc/and2029

Updates:

* Landscape start splash fix
* Critical download bug fix
* Recommend me dialog fix (scrollable now + crash fix)
* Progress bar for foreground event
* Car positioning in 3D mode
* sdcard space checking

Previous updates (2.0.2.x)
* New signup and welcome wizard screens
* "Rate me on market" functionality
* UI fixes
* Car mode
* Bugs fixes

I'd be grateful for any updates to the Wiki listing problems with the Android app:

http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Android_app_problems

POSTER_ID:220571

Send a message

Post by addrian20
You have the group thing for what you need. You setup a group, with a tweeter account for the group and send the reports to the group. That doesn't fix the tweeter interaction tho :)

They pushed 2.0.2.9 to the market and I have my doubts about installing it because of the crashing complaints. I had a flawless experience with the 2.0.1.4 and I would like to keep it that way.
addrian20
Send a message
Area Manager for Constanta, Romania

Post by andyqp
2.0.2.7:
Some map tiles at some zoom levels are blank and won't load. I can drive thru that area, refresh map for my area (via settings - data usage) - nothing helps.
Thinking about reverting back to 2.0.2.6 if a new beta is not coming very soon...

andyqp

P.S. Shouldn't there be a separate topic for 2.0.2.7?
andyqp
Send a message
Rīga, LV
waze for Android

Post by arve83
I've had this problem with all the previous versions I've tried as well:
The "groups" screen always shows a 404 error.
HTC Desire, Android 2.2, Norwegian locale.
arve83
Send a message

Post by bennet
well, its rather the opposite in my case. In an effort to gather all reports from my city to a single location, I created a single Twitter Account, and asked all my group members to add the same to their twitter credentials. Since this is a recent development, I am unable to comment on their behalf, however none of my road reports are being published onto Twitter - wonder why?

waze user: bennet
bennet
Send a message

Post by bennet
btw. am on 2.0.2.6 - how do I get my hands onto 2.0.2.7
bennet
Send a message

Post by bennet
Client Version: 2.0.2.9
Issue: Unable to post road reports to Twitter.

So... many of my friends found tweeting road reports quite annoying, so I decided to do something else instead. Created a twitter account 'BangaloreWazers' and asked all of em to set this as their twitter account and shared the password as well. Unfortunately, waze isn't sending any reports to twitter and as a result by efforts to create a unified dashboard for traffic reports from around the city was in vain. Help me out...

bennet
bennet
Send a message

Post by dalesd
With this 2.0.2.7 and the last one, 2.0.2.6 I get this error after starting Waze:

"Oops. Cannot configure service. Please try again later."
And I see the message "Searching network..." in the network monitor area.

I have a strong 3G signal with good connectivity in my other apps.

If I go to settings > manage applications > Waze > clear data, then
restart waze and log in, it works.
But that's a pain because it loses all my setting in the app.

Also, I have rotation issues with this version (going back to beta 2.0.2.4, as far as I can tell). I have a nexus one with a car dock. I keep my phone horizontal in the dock. Today, shortly after the Waze switched from day to night mode, it went into vertical mode. The only way to get it to work right is to exit and restart Waze.
dalesd
Send a message
Pixel 3XL

Post by dalesd
I updated that wiki page.
The crash upon removal from car dock was fixed in 2.0.
Now I think it crashes if waze is running when I put it in the car dock. I'll see if I can reproduce that.
dalesd
Send a message
Pixel 3XL

Post by dalesd
dalesd wrote:Also, I have rotation issues with this version (going back to beta 2.0.2.4, as far as I can tell). I have a nexus one with a car dock. I keep my phone horizontal in the dock. Today, shortly after the Waze switched from day to night mode, it went into vertical mode. The only way to get it to work right is to exit and restart Waze.
This happened again today. A minute or two after Waze switched from Day to Night mode, Waze went into portrait mode and wouldn't switch back until I quit the app. That's two days in a row with 2.0.2.7

It didn't happen in the morning, but it didn't switch from Day to Night (or Night to Day) then. I'm not getting up that early just to test this. ;)

When I remove Waze from the dock, it also sticks in portrait mode.
dalesd
Send a message
Pixel 3XL

Post by dalesd
2.0.2.9, tried it today on my drive home, and routing works again!
But it crashed my phone twice.
I wasn't able to confirm if the landscape/portrait problem after switching from day to night was fixed, because the phone crashed shortly after Waze switched to night mode. I'll try again tomorrow.
dalesd
Send a message
Pixel 3XL