Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Drove over the 1000 point cookie and didn't get it :-(

Post by Dave2084
Hi there fellow Wazers,

I was driving home today and up popped an announcement to look out for the 1000 point cookie (for 500 miles in a week) ... it then appeared a little way in front of me and Waze let me drive right over it without actually getting it! :(

I've noticed this a fair bit recently, when you drive over a cupcake/ghost/pumpkin, occasionally you don't get it. For 2 points I'm not bothered but for 1000 I want it, sadly it is about 40 miles from home ...
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:191033

Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by BrutusNL
Hi Dave, don't worry about missing the candy. Since these are bonuses for achievements e.g. 500 miles in one week, you will eventually get it. If you can't munch it the first time, it will popup in front of you again when you are Wazing. it will do this until you picked it up. I'm not sure, but it appeared to me that you have better chances on getting the candy if you are actually navigating (so not just driving with Waze) since it can than better predict where you will be driving.
The reason you don't get some pumpkins, cupcakes or treasure chests can be different. Two most common are a gps that's not very accurate or the direction you are driving. The Waze client uses snap-to-road to show your position. Meaning it will place your position marker on the road segment nearest to your gps position, but not necessarily the correct one. If this happens you might appear to be driving over the bonus but your inaccurate gps position isn't.
As for the right side of the road. If you zoom in completely it is most often visible where the bonus is positioned and what the direction is.
BrutusNL
Send a message

Post by kawimantab
Have noticed that the new treats - or Quality Street, as I like to call them have not appeared yet for me!!!! :cry:
Wondering if it is anything to do with running a B/Berry and the Beta software not updating as well as expected??
kawimantab
Send a message
I'm the original Orangutan.....better believe it!!!

Post by RallyChris
There has been no official statement from support, but anecdotal evidence suggests this:

1) you have to be connected to the waze servers at the time
2) your gps has to have a good fix and put you accurately near the bonus icon. (not just where the car is displayed, but the actual GPS point)
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by waynemcdougall
My experience of the bonus cookies is that if you miss them, they keep coming back, closer, and closer....
waynemcdougall
Send a message
Waze User Manuals, Map Editing guide and support at http://www.waze.com/wiki
Wayne McDougall
Make Friends with me on Facebook and we'll compete against each other on the Scoreboard
http://www.facebook.com/wayne.w.mcdougall