These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by puzia
android 2.2 on HTC Legend

When you click on an wazer icon on the map, in the russian translation doesn't work ping function: ping window opens in not normal size and ping button is not visible.

When you drive and stoping on crossroads in "me on map" mode, this mode drop focus and instead of small car icon will show arrow icon.
puzia
Send a message

Post by rcocchiararo
#################################################################################
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
#################################################################################
DON'T IGNORE THIS MESAGE # DON'T IGNORE THIS MESAGE # DON'T IGNORE THIS MESAGE #
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

STILL, i see NO mention of a fix for WAZE blocking (or capturing) AVRCP controls commands, so bluetooth stereos or headsets can't control music while waze is the running app.

PLEASE, at least TELL me if you won't fix this, so that i can stop using the app...

DON'T IGNORE THIS MESAGE # DON'T IGNORE THIS MESAGE # DON'T IGNORE THIS MESAGE #
rcocchiararo
Send a message

Post by rcocchiararo
dmcconachie wrote:Please stop spamming the boards with this nonsense! I appreciate it's an issue for you but there are other problems too and many that rank a lot higher in the eyes of the majority!
2 identical posts are not spam. Much less 2 similar (yet different) posts.

This issue has been with us since waze was launched.

Im not the only one bringing it up on EACH NEW VERSION.

I might be the only one who was promised that it would be looked into once waze stoped rebooting android 2.2.

I have seen NO answer from a dev/moderator about my messages without those "comments" (linux shell comments :P), so i had to resort to them.

If someone with authority could at least tell me that they don't care about that, i would be able to go away (angry, yes, but i would not bother others like you, who don't care about one waze's oldest bug with my posts)
rcocchiararo
Send a message

Post by rcocchiararo
dmcconachie wrote:Call it what you want it's still irritating. You should be taking this up directly with them via email instead - they've said many times that it's the preferred method for more complex problems that generally can't be solved by the forum volunteers!
i do, but i suspect they either don't care anymore, or don't know how to fix it, since its been there since the start, and now they don't even answer my mails (about that)
rcocchiararo
Send a message

Post by rcocchiararo
these 2 last betas somehow managed to freeze and then reboot my galaxy S, twice (in many days use, i can't reproduce it)

i also had the menu button not responding problem, ONCE.

it happened after i launched waze, and it closed or minimized by itself, twice, and worked the third time.

i eventually noticed that the menu button was not working.
rcocchiararo
Send a message

Post by rcocchiararo
Invisible roads might when you zoom in too much.

My gps lock tends tio fail/forget me when I stop/turn too much (our works great on the highway on my way to work, then when I start looking your a parking place on the streets, bam.

Remember that you can re position/re activate the "on me"function with the back button now tho.
rcocchiararo
Send a message

Post by rlpl
Here are my impressions from the new waze beta on HTC G1+ Android 1.6. First of all, does not handle the horizontal screen orientation correctly. No matter if I turn my phone horizontally or just slide out the keyboard the screen turns but from that moment it is cropped to the square because probably waze mistakes height of the display with its width. When I return to the vertical orientation the screen remains corrupted, cropped etc. There is no way to return to the correct display. Only the menu buttons and the status bar are drawn correctly. The same if I launch waze with the horizontal screen orientation: initially it draws correctly but then only the square area is refreshed and redrawn, the right side of the screen remains unchanged. Turning the phone vertically does not help and there is no way to reach the correct display. This bug is serious and makes the new waze unusable (except for the extreme enthusiasts like me.)

This problem has several consequences. It is very difficult to enter the credentials and configure the newly installed program because when I slide out the keyboard to type anything the screen gets corrupted and unusable. The only way to enter the text is to keep vertical and use the onscreen keyboard. This is not the normal use of G1.

Another consequence is that there is not enough room to display the next navigation instruction when using the waze in vertical orientation.

Other new bug: when I change the color scheme it returns back to the main screen instead of to the previous menu level.

Also some minor bugs, some of them already mentioned before:
  • It required much free space in the phone memory so instead of upgrading I had to uninstall the previous version of waze and some other applications and only then install the new waze beta. It required about 50 MB free space. Does it really require that?
  • The splash image was smaller than the screen but only at the first launch.
  • When entering the password it was displayed with the open text. Stars or dots should be displayed instead.
  • When I tap&hold the street it shows the street name and only one arrow which displays the menu. Previously the menu has been popped up immediately. Why this intermediate layer if its sole purpose is to display the menu? If you wanted to display the street name then why not to place it in the title of the menu?
  • Also when I tap&hold the street it becomes yellow and stays yellow forever. I can paint all streets yellow one by one.
  • Often crashes at startup but then can return to waze. I guess there is some parent (launcher) process which launches the child and it is the child which crashes and that's why I can return to waze. Unfortunately it does not upload logs automatically.
  • When launching with GPS turned off the title of the warning box is "The GPS in your phone is". Is what? I use the Polish translation so I think it is a known l10n and i18n problem: you have forgotten that the translated strings may require more room than English.
  • Same problem with the Polish translation of the automatic zoom level setting: it does not fit full and the space is not enough for maybe one or two characters.
  • The idea of the "and then" prompt is great but the voice recorded differs much from other voice prompts. I use the default English female voice. I don't know if it is recorded by a different person or just because it is a different studio session but just sounds different. At the first moment I thought she just grunts. Something like: "turn right... uh huh... turn right."
  • Waze shows me with the baby icon and tells that I need to drive 80 km to see other moods.
The automatic zoom level is fine, the only problem is that when slowing down it has some delay but I think this problem will be difficult to avoid.

Otherwise works fine. Still I have not tested the features like recording the new road because this needs more time. But when you make the final release to the Android Market please leave the current version (2.0.3.0) available to download directly from your web site for those who will have the problems with the next release.
rlpl
Send a message
My previous login name was rl_pl.

Post by rlpl
Sending a report works fine until I attach the photo. The photo capture forces the horizontal screen even if my device is placed vertically. From that moment the screen is corrupted, cropped to the square and the bottom part is unusable and the only solution is to exit and start waze again. This must be related with the orientation issue I have already described.
rlpl
Send a message

Post by rlpl
Missing road map update report cannot be sent. I tried multiple times and when the Missing road option is checked Send button just does nothing. I tried multiple times so I am sure the problem exists, it's not that I clicked once and I missed the button, also tried to use the trackball. I have not tried all other types of map update reports but I have not noticed this with any other type of report. If this is intentionally and I should provide more info about the missing road then this should be announced.
rlpl
Send a message

Post by rlpl
Atlas85 wrote:Further: Waze sometimes "forgets" to come along with you...So after turning, the client stays on the same spot, whereas the car is moving. I have to select "me on map" again to fix this.
Seasider wrote:1. Waze loses gps lock so have to press ' me on map' to get it back.
Same happens to me but I thought it was a hardware problem (dirty touchscreen). Please check if random taps are generated on your devices in other programs. Maybe the problem with the new waze is that it is too sensitive?
Seasider wrote:2. Can no longer ' report irrelevant' traffic events.
dmcconachie wrote:Unsure about the "report irrelevant" bug. I accidently triggered two auto reports last night, [...] The latter I could remove, the former I had no option, almost like it wasn't actually my report!?
Same happens to me but it also happened at the previous release: some reports can be canceled, some cannot. I ignore this problem.
rlpl
Send a message