Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Which badge change plan would you support? (see first post for images)

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:57 am
A Change CM to Red and create Green SM
43%
B Change CM to Red and create Purple SM
26%
C Choose a different SM design all together
26%
D No change; no need for a SM badge
4%

Total votes: 23

Forum Badge Updates (Poll)

Post by kentsmith9
With the introduction of the US State Manager (SM), the option to update the forum badges has been brought up in a discussion here. With that in mind, we would like your opinion on possibly adding a SM badge to the forum signatures. We would like to know which option you'd prefer?

A.
Country Manager
download/file.php?id=23872
State Manager (badge is a green flag)
download/file.php?id=23873
Area Manager
download/file.php?id=23874

B.
Country Manager
State Manager (badge is a purple flag)
download/file.php?id=23875
Area Manager

C.
Choose a different design for the SM badge (please include a reply with why the proposed options are not adequate.)

D.
No change. No need for an SM badge.

NOTE: The area manager badge does not change, but is shown for reference to the other two proposed badges.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:7009939

Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
I voted for different SM design altogether, for three reasons.

1. The offered design for SM elevates SM to near parity with CM with only a difference in color. This may be OK in the US where states are indeed like countries in their own right. But in many other countries, if an SM-type role is implemented at all, it will be more similar to AM than CM. If the flag outline is intended explicitly as a US-centric solution for managers at near parity with CMs then I withdraw this concern.

2. It may not be completely a joke about the resemblance of the proposed new CM flag to that of the Japanese Imperial Navy. I can only speak for myself, but every time I look at the proposed CM flag I think of kamikazes, Pearl Harbor, and cries of "Tora! Tora! Tora!" the hardhat notwithstanding. This unintended association may be even less desirable in some other countries, but we are proposing changing the badge for all CMs worldwide with very little worldwide input (none?) so far. The current CM badge reminds me more of the United Nations, AFAIK there has been no complaint about it.

3. An alternate solution I'm drawn to is to keep the current CM flag much as it is, but use "gold braid" to distinguish AM from SM, or alternately, SM from CM. For example, if it is felt that SM is closer to AM than CM (which may be the best perspective for most countries), the SM could have an AM badge with "gold braid". Or, if SM is thought to be closer to CM, we could give SM the CM flag and put "gold braid" around the CM flag to distinguish. Examples attached.
Gold-braided Badges.png
"Gold braid" concept art
(9.67 KiB) Downloaded 840 times
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
The badge will need to have a look and feel like the current ones. All these shapes would need to have someone create something.

The AM, to SM, to CM is somewhat of a series of steps. The colors could be used to help show the progress.

The SM shape should be related to being a state manager. The Capitol dome idea is interesting.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
orbitc wrote:I also mention several times that Waze is working on the badge for us. If we want to do one for ourselves is fine. I need to let them know hot waste their time.
First I have heard of it. I am fine it they are doing it.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by orbitc
kentsmith9 wrote:With the introduction of the US State Manager (SM), the option to update the forum badges has been brought up in a discussion here. With that in mind, we would like your opinion on possibly adding a SM badge to the forum signatures. We would like to know which option you'd prefer?

A.
Country Manager
State Manager (badge is a green flag)
download/file.php?id=23873
Area Manager

B.
Country Manager
State Manager (badge is a purple flag)
download/file.php?id=23875
Area Manager

C.
Choose a different design for the SM badge (please include a reply with why the proposed options are not adequate.)

D.
No change. No need for an SM badge.

NOTE: The area manager badge does not change, but is shown for reference to the other two proposed badges.
I also mention several times that Waze is working on the badge for us. If we want to do one for ourselves is fine. I need to let them know hot waste their time.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
kentsmith9 wrote:The badge will need to have a look and feel like the current ones. All these shapes would need to have someone create something.

The AM, to SM, to CM is somewhat of a series of steps. The colors could be used to help show the progress.

The SM shape should be related to being a state manager. The Capitol dome idea is interesting.
why not use the same color scheme as champ and us champ for the roles?
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
kentsmith9 wrote:
orbitc wrote:I also mention several times that Waze is working on the badge for us. If we want to do one for ourselves is fine. I need to let them know hot waste their time.
First I have heard of it. I am fine it they are doing it.
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear about that. Yes, they are working on it. I'm getting an update as well. I'll let you know in the AM.

I'll also find out if SM for US only role or Waze Wide.

We already have forum and group created for SM.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by taco909
Maybe make the SM badge like a Capitol dome?

I'm impartial to the color ;)
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by thealphagirl
I would prefer it to be more distinctive. Use a triangle or other shape for SM.
thealphagirl
Send a message
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/images/c/cb/ ... e%402x.png I'm a Ninja! -Thea
Area Manager
Washington County, Arkansas