Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

POI / Landmark Searching

Post by CBenson
Waze POI / landmark searching is back. If I search for a business name (and people have landmarked the business (think chain stores)), the initial results are now under the waze tab and are to landmarks on the waze map. The live map now also gives similar results. I hadn't seen this for quite a while.

The biggest problem I have is that the address is not given in the results (only the distance, which appears be as the crow flies) which it makes it very difficult to determine which result is actually the desired destination.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:1005502

Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
I will also add that you can route to landmarks that do not display in the client. The oddly named small landmark here doesn't show on the map. But you can route to it.
LMSearch.jpg
(26.33 KiB) Downloaded 778 times
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902