The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

House numbers on "wrong" side?

Post by UlfEnhager
Waze seem to have a preference regarding which side a house number can be located on, resulting in that I can not add some of the house numbers in my neighborhood.

In the "guide page" it's stated that I can force (over-rule) this preference check made by Waze, but the Force button is not showing up when I'm trying to save them. Why don't I get the Force button? Has that possibility been removed? I really think that many areas need Waze's house numbering preference setting to be over-ruled!
UlfEnhager

POSTER_ID:12612533

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
The force option is not available to all users. Contact a local Area Manager or Country Manager and ask them to do the street numbers for you.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
UlfEnhager wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:The force option is not available to all users. Contact a local Area Manager or Country Manager and ask them to do the street numbers for you.
Thanks! Maybe it ought to be stated that it can't be done by everyone on the Wiki. I doubt that the Area Manager or Country Manager will not do all the requests for street numbers. I guess that getting the street numbers done requires more (all?) editors ...
Remember, most numbers will not have to be forced. You can do all the ones that don't need it and then make your request(s). I suggest using the Board index ‹ Map ‹ Editing ‹ Update requests forum (just make sure you indicate the location in the subject line, include a permalink & include details).
UlfEnhager wrote:BTW, how do an editor get higher ranking?
It depends on where you are located.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by AndyPoms
UlfEnhager wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:
UlfEnhager wrote:Thanks! Maybe it ought to be stated that it can't be done by everyone on the Wiki. I doubt that the Area Manager or Country Manager will not do all the requests for street numbers. I guess that getting the street numbers done requires more (all?) editors ...
Remember, most numbers will not have to be forced. You can do all the ones that don't need it and then make your request(s). I suggest using the Board index ‹ Map ‹ Editing ‹ Update requests forum (just make sure you indicate the location in the subject line, include a permalink & include details).
OK, I'll try that, and see if someone will do it, then. Would have been so easy, if I was allowed myself ... ;)
Do what you can do, delete the individual numbers that have to be forced so you don't lose the good data. It was designed this way to prevent abuse & illogical data causing problems with the system.
UlfEnhager wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:
I'm in Stockholm, Sweden.
Try contacting Svenne33 - they are the only person listed on the list of Coordinators/Experts for Sweden. They are a localization expert, not the coordinator, but I think they would know what the procedure for AMs in Sweden is.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by UlfEnhager
AndyPoms wrote:The force option is not available to all users. Contact a local Area Manager or Country Manager and ask them to do the street numbers for you.
Thanks! Maybe it ought to be stated that it can't be done by everyone on the Wiki. I doubt that the Area Manager or Country Manager will not do all the requests for street numbers. I guess that getting the street numbers done requires more (all?) editors ...

BTW, how do an editor get higher ranking?
UlfEnhager
Send a message

Post by UlfEnhager
AndyPoms wrote:
UlfEnhager wrote:
OK, I'll try that, and see if someone will do it, then. Would have been so easy, if I was allowed myself ... ;)
AndyPoms wrote:
I'm in Stockholm, Sweden.
UlfEnhager
Send a message