Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

waze isn't calculating the number portion of address

Post by holmesnmanny
Im not sure what's going on, but since today I haven't been able to get waze to calculate using the number portions of addresses. I have no problems with Google Navigation so I don't think this is related to my gps.

When I input an address for example 1234 north 1st st san jose california it will appear to not take the number portion into calculation..instead giving me "N 1st st, san jose CA" when it does its calculation.

When I have my work address saved inside the favorite in home page and click on it it will give the correct driving directions but in any type of input either by manual or voice it will find the address to give me the choice of clicking on it, but it will not be able to do a final calculation of driving directions.

Like I said, I have no problems whatsoever using Google Navigation but I'd rather use Waze.
holmesnmanny

POSTER_ID:3399552

Send a message
HTC One Tmobile LTE

Post by AndyPoms
Had this happen to me at 3am today. Got me to the street, but a few blocks from my destination on a short street - I can only imagine what would happen on a long street.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
Has any tried an address search on Bing.com? Could it be a problem over there or an API issue?
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by CBenson
This is affecting me on the East Coast as well. My favorites are working fine, but I didn't do a reinstall.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by holmesnmanny
Also, I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and nothing changes. This only started today. My phone is the htc evo v 4g. I also unchecked the setting that reinstalls settings upon reinstallation of apps as well.
holmesnmanny
Send a message
HTC One Tmobile LTE

Post by holmesnmanny
jasonh300 wrote:I had this issue yesterday. Couldn't complete any search with an address number. Would only come up with street names.

Via my iPhone 4S.
This is exactly what's happening. All I get are cross st locations.
holmesnmanny
Send a message
HTC One Tmobile LTE

Post by holmesnmanny
I have rolled back to this version and it doesn't appeared to have fixed it so the issue must be related to something server-side

http://www.androiddrawer.com/3332/downl ... V6mi6xYBIA
holmesnmanny
Send a message
HTC One Tmobile LTE

Post by holmesnmanny
I was under the impression that I can click on the favorites that get loaded when I do an install and get the correction address, but now I'm not so sure that's the case now. I may actually be getting the nearest cross street address on that as well so I think it's altogether something wrong with the servers as they are not accepting numbers. I am in the San Francisco bay area, more specifically the San Jose area so I'm not sure if this only affecting the area I'm at or not.
holmesnmanny
Send a message
HTC One Tmobile LTE

Post by holmesnmanny
Again I have checked Google Navigation and it works completely and totally flawlessly.
holmesnmanny
Send a message
HTC One Tmobile LTE

Post by holmesnmanny
Because Waze doesn't give a final destination address when you get to your destination it's hard for me to be sure if it's giving me an accuration reflection of my address but if I had to guess based on what I see when i click on the top list button I would guess no, but I suppose you could be correct in favorites working correctly. I'm 100% certain that a manual entry of an address does not work...since it only gives me a list of cross streets or high way exits. It does not utilize the number portion of the address in any way, shape, or form.
holmesnmanny
Send a message
HTC One Tmobile LTE