Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Keep My Layers

Post by
Hi everyone, I've scripted up an add-on that automatically (or manually) resets your layers in WME to your preferred setting. The layers include ones that are not typically saved by WME (though not yet residential places nor closed URs & MPs... but soon).

As of version 0.2 (Beta), the feature list includes:
  • Saving of your preferred layers setting
  • Automatic or manual (magic wand icon) reset of layers
  • Ignore switching off of the layer if the PL links to a UR, MP, Place, Camera, or Junction Box.
  • A (presently buggy) toggler (eye icon) to review layers that were removed from a permalink
  • A WME Beta/Production Editor toggler in the left sidepanel that forces all permalinks to be loaded in Beta or Prod.
  • Removes any language specifications in a permalink
  • Darkens the Cities layer polygon so they can be seen against the satellite image
  • Makes the Area Managers polygon more see-through, which is necessary to be able to see the map underneath in areas with several AMs
  • Adjusts the Roads layer to be slightly translucent so that the actual road in the satellite image underneath can be seen without needing to toggle on/off.
As this is very much still in beta, bug reports and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/15698 ... -my-layers

POSTER_ID:17047355

Send a message
Last edited by TheLastTaterTot on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by aBshield
I've lost the ability to save, create, or view any layers. I'm on Firefox 38.7.1 which is a bit older (no choice in the matter on this PC); will try from another PC with a more modern Firefox version later, but I seem to recall the same problem.

On this PC, however, there's no layer shown on the dropdown and clicking where the layer name used to be generates

Code: Select all

Empty string passed to getElementById().
in the console. Same for clicking the save button etc. The preset switched also doesn't show any layers and instead just shows the initial instructions. I did have this working previously, though I only had two presets.

http://s25.postimg.org/b4j1ww863/KMLproblem.jpg
click to enlarge

Originally this script was interfering with loading WME until I force updated to 0.4.7.10 from 0.4.7 earlier today. Since then I've completely removed and re-added the script to Greasemonkey with no improvement.
aBshield
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by aBshield
Well before I make you crazy, let me try the other PC later that has Firefox 45 on it. I do remember that my presets seemed to be gone, but I don't remember if I tried to create new ones or not.

On this PC with the older 38.7.1, clicking on the buttons, including the preferences, has no effect. So I can't even see the preferences screen anymore.

You're correct in that the empty string issue is when clicking anywhere on the map, and not just the layers drop down. Should have checked that, apologies for the false lead.
aBshield
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by aBshield
Yes, I should have mentioned that I disabled everything except this script and the issue persisted. This included everything from Greasemonkey and the WME toolbox extension. I also tried WME from a new private window with no change as well which should discount any bad cookies or other cached data as the issue, unless there could be bad data in another location. I'm willing to try any other remediation that would prove helpful.
aBshield
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by AndyLaode
wonderful teacher. thanks for your beautiful work
AndyLaode
Send a message
andylaode (andylaode@outlook.com)
okay, mate, see you on the road and on the map too, cheers

Post by AndyLaode
Hi

Thanks for the update
however i can't click save on the following dialog (attached), i click cancel then it gone. the dialog that i am talking about pop up after the information about the update

https://scontent-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... 7764_o.jpg
AndyLaode
Send a message

Post by AndyLaode
TheLastTaterTot wrote:So nothing happens when you click save? Weird. Try opening it again and the n click save. Does that work?
sorry late reply. that message only show up once the script updated to 0.3.1

thanks for the new update 0.4
AndyLaode
Send a message

Post by Arnoniem
Could someone look into updating this script?
New WME release keeps switching off my layers... :(

And I miss the blue permalink button, which I can click when WME hangs (about every 3 saves)

Thanks!
Arnoniem
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ BeNeLux Champs UAE Champs Android Beta Coordinator Middle East
CM:The Netherlands CM:U.A.E. CM:Oman CM:Thailand
https://u.cubeupload.com/Arnoniem/FsnBw8.jpg

Post by bz2012
[BUG]
Love the script idea but have a problem:

When it is running, I can NOT open both WME and WME beta sessions and the toolbox toggle between them stops working.
Also, both mouse over and clicking on isn't properly opening pop-up info for URs, MPs and Places. The ballons are there but don't work much of the time.
Also, the 'toggle' in the left bar in beta disappears after loading finishes so I can't switch it unless I catch it fast.

NOTE: some of these odd actions may be from some other script or recent beta updates because they didn't go away just now when I turned off MWEkML.
Chrome and Win7ent with current updates.

Additional info: Now, I can't open beta at all IF WMEkML is turned on. I must disable it to use beta.
We need a way, within it, to turn it off so that we can change things and save the new configuration. As it is now, as soon as I re-enable it, it recalls the old settings and forces me back to WME.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
'up to date?'

Yep. Tried updating again and it shows last update 28 hrs. 0.2.1
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message