Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Route Checker - v1.62 Jan 2024

Post by
Replacing the defunct Livemap Navigation script, this script allows you to see the current navigation instructions in the editor. Simply select two segments, and choose your desired settings in the section that appears on the left (above the segment details). Then click on the purple link to "Show routes between these two segments»"

:arrow: WME Route Checker: Userscript or Tampermonkey for Chrome.

Tested in Firefox and Chrome. Will not work in beta editor. Routes are based on LiveMap data.
wme-routes.png

POSTER_ID:1445148

Send a message
Last edited by Timbones on Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post by aBshield
I've been having intermittent issues on Firefox for a while now seeing the navigation path and instruction overlay in WME. Note that the list of instructions are displayed fine on the left panel - I'm speaking of the purple line, arrows, and instructions on the map itself. Sometimes the route checker layer doesn't seem to be on top. Through some quick WME layer toggling and/or scrolling around during slow page loads, I sometimes catch a glimpse of it. So it seems like it's being drawn, but it's underneath the current view. This same layer toggling (any layer, but mostly the satellite layer it seems) can sometimes correct the issue, but usually several page refreshes are necessary until it (seemingly) randomly starts working again.

Seen on FF 45 and 46 as recent as today.
WME Route Checker - v1.23
aBshield
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by age4670
SuperDave1426 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:15 am Did an update to WME break this script?  I recently (I don't use it a lot, but it's nice on those occasions when I need it) tried selecting two different road segments but no "Routes" tab appeared on the left - just General, Road Closures, and Lanes.

Any ideas?

I get that occasionally. Try selecting different segments or a hard refresh.

I also get the problem where Livemap can't find a route (just keeps sitting there). The above generally work for this problem too.
age4670
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by ancho85
This line

Code: Select all

W.map.addLayer(WMERC_lineLayer_route)
is causing a TypeError in the console:

userscript.html?name=WME%20Route%20Checker.user.js&id=1bce74b7-4cb4-461f-8270-59aa6d7c4004:857 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'addLayer' of undefined
    at initialiseRouteChecker (userscript.html?name=WME%20Route%20Checker.user.js&id=1bce74b7-4cb4-461f-8270-59aa6d7c4004:857)
ancho85
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by ancho85
ancho85 wrote:This line

W.map.addLayer(WMERC_lineLayer_route)
is causing a TypeError in the console:

userscript.html?name=WME%20Route%20Checker.user.js&id=1bce74b7-4cb4-461f-8270-59aa6d7c4004:857 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'addLayer' of undefined
    at initialiseRouteChecker (userscript.html?name=WME%20Route%20Checker.user.js&id=1bce74b7-4cb4-461f-8270-59aa6d7c4004:857)
I've replaced the bootstrap section in my local copy with these lines, now it always loads correctly. FYI

function bootstrap() {
    if (W && W.map && W.model && W.selectionManager) {
        console.log('"WME Route Checker: init route checker...');
        initialiseRouteChecker();
    } else {
        console.log('"WME Route Checker: Bootstrap failed. Retrying...');
        setTimeout(() => {
            bootstrap();
        }, 1000);
    }
}

bootstrap();
ancho85
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
Awesome...

One question, if it's based off the livemap data, why won't it work in WME Beta (i.e. if the routing is coming from the livemap, why does it matter what editor you are using)?
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
Timbones wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:One question, if it's based off the livemap data, why won't it work in WME Beta (i.e. if the routing is coming from the livemap, why does it matter what editor you are using)?
It's because the beta editor is on a separate domain, and browsers don't like you loading data from another domain for security reasons. I've asked Waze for some help with the matter, but there's a lot going on with the websites at the moment, so we'll have to see...
I get it, but it's still in the same root domain (they are all *.waze.com)...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by Arnoniem
The livemap routes are now implementing the uturn function, but the route checker script is not using those same uturns.
Could you have a look at that please?

Thanks!
Arnoniem
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ BeNeLux Champs UAE Champs Android Beta Coordinator Middle East
CM:The Netherlands CM:U.A.E. CM:Oman CM:Thailand
https://u.cubeupload.com/Arnoniem/FsnBw8.jpg

Post by Arnoniem
Arnoniem wrote:The livemap routes are now implementing the uturn function, but the route checker script is not using those same uturns.
Could you have a look at that please?
Thanks!
Timbones wrote:
@Timbones, is there any solution planned in the nearby future? ;)
Arnoniem
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Arnoniem
^^^ That would be nice. I still have to use the alt shift R quick refresh, before i can select other segments to try different route info.
Arnoniem
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message