Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by davidakachaos
Hey people! New version time!

v2018.10.04:
- davidakachaos: fix 220 for Restricted Gates
- davidakachaos: minor fixed for unverified speed limits

@Nazride; your issue should be solved in the new version
davidakachaos
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? ...Oh, you were finished!

Post by davidakachaos
Hello everyone! We've created a test version of WME Validator with support for checking venues beside segments. We want to test this out and see if everything works correctly. We've some new checks specially for venues.

We would love to hear your feedback on this either here on the forum or via the Github issues! If you're willing to test this version out, please install the alpha version of this script via this link (be sure to disable the current install of WME Validator!)

Any and all feedback is appreciated! :mrgreen:
davidakachaos
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? ...Oh, you were finished!

Post by davidakachaos
jm6087 wrote:I don't think the payment type one should be flagged. If the lot is free then there won't be a payment type. Maybe flag if cost is anything other than free and no payment type added.
Thank you for your feedback! Currently the check does consider this. It will only flag missing payment types if the parking lot isn't free or has unknown costs.
davidakachaos
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by davidakachaos
Hello everyone!

We have a new release of WME Validator :D

v2018.10.16:
  • berestovskyy: fix check 38 Expired segment restrictions
  • davidakachaos: fix check 36, 37 Unneeded node A/B
davidakachaos
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by davidakachaos
Hi all!

Over the weekend we released a new version. Here is the list of changes:

v2018.11.10:
- davidakachaos: fix streets isolated by ramps
- davidakachaos: fix recover from preference change
- davidakachaos: add road closures to fix #36 and #37
- davidakachaos: fix speed limit issues on borders

We hope you enjoy the new version and as always, report any issues or ideas here or on GitHub.
davidakachaos
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by DavidB7616
dear all,

Thank for you chrome extension, but I have this fault now when I go to WME:
"WME Validator 1.1.7 error:
This build of WME Validator has expired. Please upgrade!"

And WME Validator doesn't start.

Do you have a link for download the new version? or do you have a solution for resolve this problem?

Thank per advance.

David
DavidB7616
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by DavidB7616
thanks for your help, I wait the new version, but it's dificult to work with WME without this extension!
DavidB7616
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Nice tool!

I assume this takes account of countries where people drive on the left (and roundabouts are clockwise). Can you add Ireland to the list of countries like this? All our roundabouts are being reported as being backwards :)

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by davidg666
berestovskyy wrote:
davidg666 wrote:I assume this takes account of countries where people drive on the left (and roundabouts are clockwise). Can you add Ireland to the list of countries like this?
There is a property in WME for left hand traffic and Validator takes it into account. For instance here is a "normal" (B->A) left-hand roundabout in Ireland: permalink and here is reversed left-hand (A->B) roundabout: permalink

Let me know if you want to completely disable this check for Ireland or change the check title/description.
Thanks for your response - however:

1. both of those roundabouts you mention above are correct (clockwise), even though one runs A->B and the other runs B->A. Possibly some of them are older and created with Cartouche, which may have created the segments a different way around (or maybe WME did once)
2. A great many roundabouts here (just pan around Dublin (we have plenty of roundabouts :) ) are reported as being incorrect, even when they're not.

It looks like 'newer' roundabouts (created around 2013) seem to run B->A and aren't flagged as wrong, but a lot of 'older' roundabouts (created around 2011) run A->B - both of these are correct on the map, but the A-B roundabouts are flagged as incorrect.

I suspect this is the case for other countries where people drive on the left, and possibly for all countries, including those where people drive on the right. (I haven't had time yet to look at other countries' roundabouts)

Can I suggest that you look around for older (2011 or so) roundabouts and compare with newer (2013 or later) roundabouts? (if this seems to affect drive-on-the-left countries only, maybe look at Australia, New Zealand or Japan and not the UK, since the UK has had a basemap import and may have more consistent roundabouts) I suspect that WME (or Cartouche) didn't always create roundabouts with the segments running A->B or B->A. For this reason, I don't think your roundabout correctness checking is correct, if it's just based on the order of segment end points.

Perhaps you could disable this check until it works consistently (and can handle both A->B and B->A roundabouts)?

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Would you consider adding country-specific checks for Ireland? I'm thinking of anything that catches road segments that don't comply with our road type wiki page:

https://www.waze.com/wiki/How_to_label_ ... _(Ireland)

...for example:

- Only motorways (name begins with Mn or Mnn (eg M6, M18 or M50)) should have Freeway type.
- Only national routes (name begins with Nn or Nnn (eg N5, N21, etc)) should have Major Highway type.
- All Rnnn routes (name begins with Rnnn (eg R521, R448, etc)) should have Minor Highway type (note that some link segments to R- routes can have this type too, so the check should be that a road whose name begins Rnnn has this type, not that roads of this type must begin Rnnn)
- Names in parentheses after city names *are* valid (for example "Blackwater (Wexford)"). We use this to disambiguate city names when there is more than one city/town/village with the same name. The name in parentheses is the county name for the duplicate city. This is only for duplicate city names, not all city names.
- Cardinal direction indicators on motorways (such as the 'N' in "M7 N") are never in parentheses.[/list]

thanks!

++David \davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message