Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I'm seeing the validator highlight/flash a LOT of segments, but when I click on them, nothing is shown.

Also, seems there's a bug with false-positive for unknown segment direction:
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4113/w2bm.png
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Script has the wrong forum URL for "Website." In the Extensions window, the "Visit website" link is viewtopic.php?t=61518, which is for a different extension. :)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The checkboxes under the Validator section don't seem to save between permalinks/sessions. Is this by design? (Because I would expect if I uncheck "Exclude non-drivables and streets" that it would stay that way.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
berestovskyy wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The checkboxes under the Validator section don't seem to save between permalinks/sessions. Is this by design?
Yep, that was the idea :lol: In 0.4.3 there are just 2 default options: non-editables and duplicates. Let me know if it's ok now or shall I store the values across sessions.

And the same with the settings: there are just 2 persistent options...
For me, I would expect any setting to be saved across sessions.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
BellHouse wrote: However, the "clear report and segment cache" button does not seem to work for me. I run an analysis and then want to get rid of the flashing segments. So I click this button and the flashing segments go away. But, as soon as I pan the map, they reappear instantly. Am I doing something wrong?
The "highlight segments" option and "report" feature are separate. You don't need to run the report to highlight/flash the segments live as you work. The report feature scans the map across a wider area than the highlighting can work (due to zoom at which objects are selectable) and gives you a nice long summary page.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
SuperDave1426 wrote:
City name on Railroad
What is the problem? City name on the Railroad may cause a city smudge.
Can that be turned off in the US, too? :D
Railroads should not have a city name applied anywhere. There's other discussion threads about this. Unless they are local light-rail stuff.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
berestovskyy wrote:
fernandoanguita wrote:But you are right, there are so many of them and it does not worth to hard disable those turns. So in the next release the check will report soft turns on Primary streets and up only.
I don't think I agree with this either. Though maybe I misunderstand what you are saying. Soft turns should be reported on all segments, including dead-end u-turns.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
SuperDave1426 wrote:
berestovskyy wrote:So in US you'll have all the soft turns reported, but as a NOTE for basic streets and other drivables, ok?
Does a NOTE flash the road to call attention to it? 'Cause that's what I'm looking for when I'm panning around the map. :-)
It will flash blue because it would be a Note and not yellow. I'd prefer to keep it all the way it was before for the US.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
SuperDave1426 wrote:That's a good trick - how can it route you the wrong way through a roundabout, when a roundabout is a group of one-way segments?
Going the wrong way on a 1-way is just another penalty to the Waze routing model. It happens much less often now, but it can happen.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
SuperDave1426 wrote:Or really? Wow, that's bizarre. Even with that, you'd think that there'd be less of a penalty for going down the permitted way, and thus that would be the way it would route you.
Sorry, off-topic, but to finish this up I think, for example: When toll road avoidance was first activated. There are many interstate bridges mapped properly as two 1-way segments, with there being a toll applied to only one direction of the bridge. Waze would route drivers backwards along the non-tolled segments. :roll:
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message