Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME center to begin-end of street

Post by
There is a one small feature that I missed in WME: Centering the map to the beginning or end of the selected segment. I needed it when I drew a new LONG way (sometimes several kilometers), and I needed to connect it to the existing road network, but to do this it was necessary to scroll the map, which lasted far too long. The script adds the ability to center the map at the beginning or end of the selected earlier segment by clicking a button.
I searched without success on the forum and the wiki if there is already such a solution, native or as a script, and finally decided to write it yourself.

User.js: http://pyrczak.pl/WME-begin-end-street.user.js
Google Chrome need Tampermonkey, Firefox - Greasemonkey
Any ideas, bug reports are welcome :)

POSTER_ID:1277643

Send a message
Last edited by tkr85 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
davielde wrote:Would it be possible to center on the "new" A and B shown after selecting the entire street?
What if both ends are "A" or "B"? How to decide which to use for either? Just pick one?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
sketch wrote:Doesn't WME now give a global A and B for continuous multiple selected segments?
davielde wrote:From what I can tell, the "Select entire street" causes the new "whole street" (or whatever can fit in range) endpoints to inherit the A or B from the originally selected segment, not its own A or B endpoint. I tried a few times to get an A-A or B-B with "Select entire street" but could not do it.
I'd not noticed it does this! I retract my questions. :oops:
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
sketch wrote:It'd be nice if the script, upon clicking A or B, took a note of your current location and added, say, a "Back" button which could bring you to where you'd started.
I requested something similar for WME chat.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
BellHouse wrote:Isn't WME ChatJumper fulfilling that job?
sketch wrote:It is now, but I believe I posted that a day or two before ChatJumper was launched. I might be wrong, but if I recall correctly, that post inspired ChatJumper :D
Check the dates of postings. The ChatJumper thread mentions where the inspiration came from. Note the date the bugzilla request was submitted Feb 25 and ChatJumper was released Mar 6.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by atipiks
Hi,
The plugin is very useful.
I tried to install it today on another computer but the link seems to be down :(

Is-there another link ?

Thank you very much !
atipiks
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
sketch wrote:It'd be nice if the script, upon clicking A or B, took a note of your current location and added, say, a "Back" button which could bring you to where you'd started.
I requested something similar for WME chat.
Isn't WME ChatJumper fulfilling that job?
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by bz2012
The recent changes to WME seem to have broken this script.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Thank YOU for all the WAZE you help!

Checked it in WME and WME beta. Seems to function as desired in both. Thank YOU so much!
May all your WAZE be smooth!
It's a beautiful day to be alive, isn't it? [Every day!]

Really appreciate being able to use the tool again. It is very handy for searching along roads for various kinds of problems. :)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by davielde
Thank you. This script works really well.

In addition to working with individual segments, I commonly find myself panning for the endpoint of a street. Right now, if you click "Select entire street", this script will still center on the endpoints for the originally selected segment. Would it be possible to center on the "new" A and B shown after selecting the entire street?
davielde
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan