Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Chat addon

Post by
Hi all,

You must install it in tampermonkey for chrome and/or greasemonkey for firefox.
DO NOT INSTALL AS EXTENSION
Link to the script hosted by Greasyfork

This script improves the WME chat GUI:
  • Configuration panel: link "Settings" next to the welcome message at top of message list
  • removes duplicates messages: it hides messages, but you still receive or (perhaps) emit duplicates.
  • adds a link on user names in each message to add a "bip" message (customizable in settings)
  • adds a target link next to the user name allowing to jump to without looking for the user in the list
  • adds rank after user names
  • adds date and time or time only to each post (taken from your computer when the message is received)
  • formats links to clickable links and opens in new tab
  • formats permalinks to clickable target and jump to position, zoom, and select objects (no WME reload)
  • light blue (editable in settings) background on new messages posted by you
  • small "+" and permalink icon next to the input message area to insert current permalink
  • Chat top pannel (if open) or chat button (if closed) change color to dark red (editable in settings) if someone type a message containing a word in a custom list (see tool tip text) in settings (case unsensitive). Returns back to original color when you send a message, or close chat window.
  • Play sound on new message (mutable in settings)
  • Play sound on alert (mutable in settings)
  • Remove messages of users not in the room (optional in settings)
  • System message when a user join or leave the room (optional in settings)
  • Bell icon next to each user in the users list to insert the "bip" in the message
and some updates v0.5 v0.6 v0.7 v0.8 v0.9 v1.0

Compatible with WME Chat jumper: so each "jump" with WME Chat addon is reversible using WME Chat jumper.

Thanks to tkr85 for WME Chat jumper compatibility, and Yopinet for beta-tests.

d2

POSTER_ID:16831518

Send a message
Last edited by dummyd2 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:56 am, edited 8 times in total.

Post by AILe85
Loup-47 wrote:Hello,
since the last update, the CMs no longer appear in red (nickname) which is a problem for low-level editors wanting to get a DL. can you fix this problem soon?
Thank you
cordially
French Team Editor
Hi !
The problem may be related to this change from Waze. This string is used in the isCM function of the script, but I didn't manage to correct it :(
BTW, if it may help ;)
AILe85
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by AILe85
Hi,
Since today's WME update (v2.38-244), chat addon doesn't work at all : it loads but no message appears, and one can't send any new message (can type it but Enter key doesn't work).
Tested with no other script loaded.

Console log :
chat addon.png
(37.71 KiB) Downloaded 775 times
Thanks for looking at this !

Edit 09/02/19 : this problem is solved, seemed to be a server problem on Waze's side :D
AILe85
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by AILe85
Hi,
For those interested, I found a way to correct CMs color, and added map comment or camera selection when permalink contains one.
Thanks to Sebiseba's help for resolving UR selection ;)

Here's the link for this temporary (I hope) version : http://bit.ly/WME-CAMod
Next update from WazeDev should automatically replace it.

Known issue : Map problem selection still needs investigation :|
AILe85
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by Aisha4815
I would be happy to just have chat. Period. I have been a Waze editor for over a month and recently I can't even get the chat tab or window to show up. Sometimes after several page reloads I can get it to show up (if I'm lucky).
I wasn't sure where to post my problem. Any suggestions? I'm frustrated. :|

Version 35.0.1916.153 m

Google Chrome is up to date.

Thanks!
Aisha4815
Send a message
Aisha4815
Area Manager - greater Lenoir, NC area
L3 Editor - Caldwell, Burke, southern Watauga, & northern Catawba Counties, NC

https://i61.tinypic.com/2ptruy0.jpg

Post by Aisha4815
PesachZ wrote:
SkiDooGuy wrote:For the life of me I can not get this script or jumper to work anymore. After Chrome store disabled my scripts I installed Tampermonkey. Both worked great for that night, ever since I cannot get either to work again. I have un/re-installed more times than I can count. Refreshed etc. I am no scripting expert or JS expert, but is there something I am not doing right? I loved this script for the evening I got to use it. :)

Thanks for any help.
make sure you are not installing through chrome.
the steps i used are as follows

uninstall and delete from chrome completely.
make sure tamper monkey is enabled and working.
click the link in the beginning of this thread to download.
click to install
a tamper monkey page will intercept the install and pop up
on that page click install (do not click process with chrome)
reload WME, it should work now.
enjoy

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
I took a twist on these instructions. I removed all WME extensions then reinstalled toolbox. I had chat! I then reinstalled validator. I have chat now! :) I have not reinstalled the junction angle extension yet. I'll stop there for now. At least I have chat again... For now. And this addon is working just fine. :D Thanks @PesachZ, @SkiDooGuy, & @dummyd2
Aisha4815
Send a message
Aisha4815
Area Manager - greater Lenoir, NC area
L3 Editor - Caldwell, Burke, southern Watauga, & northern Catawba Counties, NC

https://i61.tinypic.com/2ptruy0.jpg

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Suggestion to make date/timestamp smaller, grayish (not black) and right-aligned.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
biuick84 wrote:Great addon! I suggest you could make a sound play whenever a message arrives, just like Whatsapp and other IM's...
I'd only support that if it can be muted.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
This script is a load of good fun and usefulness for chat.

Suggest: Have Settings link be available perhaps from the top chat bar instead of having to scroll the chat window back to the beginning.
Suggest: Make the Settings dialog have a "Save" button rather than just "Close" for clarity.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
PesachZ wrote:Please change the permissions to only access data on Waze.com or waze beta site. for more info look at the WME toolbox and validator scripts which do this properly. Thanks
If you use Tampermonkey/Greasemonkey, then the limitation is set properly. It is Chrome which doesn't allow you to set this when you try to install it directly in Chrome. The script does have it set, but since it didn't come from the Chrome store, Chrome ignores the site restriction.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Request: Add highlight color for background of text in which the alert text is found. So, when the titlebar of the Chat is changed color due to match alert, that specific text is highlighted too. This will make it easy to scroll back and find where someone was chatting at you while you were away.

Request: Make it easier to dismiss the red-colored title bar from alerts. I think the only way to make it go away now is to chat or minimize the window. Suggest that it should go away when clicking anywhere in the title bar, or clicking into the chat text box.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message