Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by dknight212
Yeah I just name some roads and check the connectivity if I can't see anything obvious

Sent using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
dmcconachie wrote:
WeeeZer14 wrote:Go ahead and let them use the app unregistered, but don't let them submit ANY reports. It is basically a limited preview version of the app at that point.

Seeing other people's reports should be enough of a demonstration to show a person if it is worth using the app before registering.

If they hit the report button, throw up a screen that says they must register to experience all the benefits of Waze.

I too am feeling swamped by update requests from unregistered users (both in TN and NJ).
A nice compromise I guess. My OCD struggles with closing some of these without being able to do any fixes first! :(
I'm now seeing a lot of new users around who have registered and are starting to report several times. But at least I can email them.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
gettingthere wrote:Well the featured app, #1 in free navigation, and top 25 of all free apps in the Apple App Store is surely having a measurable affect on active Wazers, at least from what I have seen in San Diego.

I was seeing between 30 and 60 Wazers 'near me now' (new feature in Waze 3, US server) in central San Diego around rush hour.

Today 121 Wazers.

Not a scientific study, but lots more Wazers building over the past week.

I hope these gains stick or continue upward! Go Waze!
Same in London, UK.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Seems to be a lot more reports and chit chat than usual today

Sent using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
dknight212 wrote:Seeing about 5-10 world_ users per day submitting reports vs 2 or 3 "normal" users. Unfortunately most are general map error reports with no further text.
Yeah I've seen a few too. If there's nothing obvious nearby just close them, there really is nothing else you can do with them!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
Thanks Eyal, are there any limits on how long a user can use an anonymous account or plans to to reduce their use? The map is peppered with them at the moment! :(
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I would like to see Waze stop allowing these system generated accounts because there is no way for us to communicate with them about their map error reports.
I agree - what other online/social app or service doesn't require a sign-up these days!?

</rhetorical>
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
WeeeZer14 wrote:Go ahead and let them use the app unregistered, but don't let them submit ANY reports. It is basically a limited preview version of the app at that point.

Seeing other people's reports should be enough of a demonstration to show a person if it is worth using the app before registering.

If they hit the report button, throw up a screen that says they must register to experience all the benefits of Waze.

I too am feeling swamped by update requests from unregistered users (both in TN and NJ).
A nice compromise I guess. My OCD struggles with closing some of these without being able to do any fixes first! :(
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
robin1979 wrote:I've seen this happen a few times during the last years I've been using Waze. But, after a couple of weeks after the app has been updated, it drops quite fast again. Probably feeling frustrated by nobody fixing their 'general error', or the time-outs from the routing server, the lack of point updates, their inability to edit anything in Papyrus/Cartouche...
I would agree to a certain extent but this influx is way bigger than anything else they've experienced. The level of interaction on the map over here is up 10 or even 20-fold from even a month or so ago.

When I first joined I could drive about the map, record roads, chit-chat with myself and not see another user all day. Now I see other users, reports, chit-chats and traffic reports as soon as I turn on the app and 24/7 at that. Yes there will be leavers but I think (I hope) there will be plenty that stick around too.

As the experienced ones I think it's our job currently to get out there, interact and try and hook them in. I've convinced 3 folk in Scotland to give editing a go in the last few days compared to 4 or 5 in the last 18 months. I'll probably see my points accumulation drop off dramatically in the near future as I try and walk these folk through the processes and Q&A their work to begin rather than getting stuck in myself but in the long run that should pay dividends!
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I have never seen one on the map, so dropping chats for them may be pointless.
I always assumed they just showed up as anonymous!?
dmcconachie
Send a message