This morning I tried to set a route to work via the Voice control. Sorry, I didn't have debug mode on...
* I was stopped and the car was turned off - the environment was quiet.
* Pressed the iPhone screen with 3 fingers.
* Waited for the voice prompt, said 'Drive to Work'.
* Waze confirmed 'Drive to Work, OK'.
* The voice control icon stayed on the screen.
* I was never routed to Work.
* I tried another time, same results.
I ended up setting a route to work via the regular touch controls. I am not using the voice control feature regularly, but the few times I have tried it have not worked out well.
iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, Waze 3.6