These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Android beta 2.9.99.124- official feedback post

Post by
Hi guys,

You can share your feedback on this beta here.
Please read the release notes before installing:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=15443

Your feedback is very important to us, so feel free to comment about everything that comes in mind.

When reporting a bug, please mention your device + OS + ROM.
Always send logs - they help us better understand the problem.

Thanks,
Perlin

POSTER_ID:4932690

Send a message

Post by autourdupc
fotrik wrote:The fixed zoom bug reported here is still present.

Something similar happens also here:
1) Menu -> Settings -> Advanced -> Auto zoom: No auto zoom
2) Go back to map and set the zoom to the level you want. E.g. set it to maximum to see the difference well.
3) Menu -> Reports -> Open any report you want to see it on map. Then the map moves to the traffic report location and changes the zoom - OK.
4) Close the pop-up via the Close button. In the case described in the URL above the zoom returns back and is forgotten on the next application start. But after the steps described here it's gone already now.

Sometimes the zoom changes also when the navigation is started.

SGS2, stock ROM 2.3.5

P.S.: I hope you won't overlook also the bug reported here today. This is difficult to repeat with the new client as there are no roads around not recorded in the map yet but I guess that the new version still has also this bug.

Same for me !
autourdupc
Send a message
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"

Post by autourdupc
Some of the issues already described in previous beta http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... an#p132672 are still present in this beta :

4) After upgrading to this new beta, I lost the roads I create ! (they were created more than 5 days ago).

5) I also find dotted roads that were not dotted in previous beta (I ran on them mant days ago as a pacman, and for some of them I use to run on them twice a day).
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
When I put an alert for a trafic jam, there is no avarage speed indicated on the road like in previous beta. The road do not change colour. There is only a trafic jam icon on the road.
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
Still some french texts not translated :

Setting --> "Leve of guidance"
Settings / Navigation --> "Prefer goodie munching"
Settings / Advanced / Data transfer --> "Refresh map of my area"

Also, too long french texts :
Settings / Advanced --> second entry is too long and end of french text is not visible
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
dmcconachie wrote:Preference for Miles is *still* being reset to KM between installations!
Come in France :lol:
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
Same issue with all the beta.

1) When starting Waze, it runs most of the time in navigation mode (and sometimes, I quit navigation and it returns back to navigation after a while).

2) I encounter also a hang. I started waze and it remains at bluescreen (not the MS blue screen :lol:).
Phone was running perfectly.
I had to kill waze. Starting waze again was good --> I sent the logs.

3) This morning, a speed camera was not announced by waze (a speed camera that i encounter once a day when I go to my office) - The speed camera is on the map - My speed waze below the limit.
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
Spil wrote:
perlin wrote:
Spil wrote: Just to clarify: the lack of notification is after a chat/ping is sent; I am seeing the notification after making a report (hazard, etc.).
Logs sent @2238 EST, thank you.
Sorry for the confusion, but here's a little clarification:
You get notifications only for sending Police, Hazard and Traffic reports.
We've disabled the notifications for Chit chats, Map updates and Speed cams.
Okay, thanks, must have missed that info somewhere along the way (just started using the beta with .120).

I think that the popup after the Update Request should be reinstated ... you know, the one that had the message about how you can come here to learn how to fix the problem yourself ... that's the message that got me snookered into becoming an editor and later an AM. Just my experience and opinion, of course, but please do give it some consideration -- thanks! :)

My opinion is the same. I think that the notification should be the same for all... How can we imagine that it is logical that there is no notification for this, should have for that... No for this, but it is a bug... This makes the use a little bit confuse !
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by bgodette
qrcode.3067134.png
(531 Bytes) Downloaded 3194 times
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bjwiz
HTC Desire S v 2.3.3

when changing the unit from km to mile in general the event radius does not reflect this change until you close the general menu and go back in. this problem has been there since 112

sitting at home gps off, wifi on and panning round the uk map generally ok but at some zoom levels the
client is not downloading the map, you see the roads around and just a white space with nothing. zoom in and it displays some more detail but there is also some white areas still shown
bjwiz
Send a message

Post by bmcutright
Home screen widget not available in this beta version? Can't see it in the phone's widget menu. Using Sprint HTC Evo 4G, Android 2.33

Love the widget on my Galaxy Tab using version 2.4.0.26
Thanks
bmcutright
Send a message