Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

Announcing new community mini sites!

Post by krankyd
Hi,
We are happy to announce a new initiative here at waze - community sites!

Right now we have opened two pilot sites - both are in the US - one for the Los Angeles community, and one for the Twin Cities community.

You can check them out here:
http://www.waze.com/usa/losangeles/
http://www.waze.com/usa/twincities/

As you can see, the community sites have:
* Community managers - these are waze users who stepped up and offered to take an even more active part in helping their community grow. They can be a first lead for new users and their area, and also coordinate activities of special operations required in their area (highway changes, etc).
Many thanks to OscarC, Lemon and Zombiegato for stepping up.
* New users and top users of your community / area
* A special blog (just click on blog from these pages) for the local community
* A special traffic feed of your local community
* we are working on adding more local features in the future

Want to see your own community site?
As a first step, we would like to open a couple more community sites, both in and outside of the US. If you would like to become a community manager, or would like to see one built for your community, write an email to alpha@waze.com with the header "waze community sites". We will do our best, but as said, we will only open a couple more as a first step.

What does it take to become a community manager?
Unlike the Area Manager role, this one is more outwards facing. It's more about updating, welcoming, helping and generally interacting with casual users that are not necessarily interested in map updating. We're looking for users who enjoy tweeting, and posting in facebook / waze forums about waze, helping new guys, and are willing to contribute time in order to make their local community better.
If you'd like to join as a manager of one of the two existing sites, just drop us a line to alpha@waze.com with the header "waze community sites"

Thanks and good luck!
krankyd

POSTER_ID:84

Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by dmcconachie
Love to see this in the UK too! Might even step up to the plate depending on the area split!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by naesstrom
Ok thats really cool, is it working outside the US to?
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
Just stumbled across this topic while I was searching for something else. I know I'm pretty late to the party, but anyway...

The mini sites look great! I think that's a brilliant addition. I would looove if San Diego had one, but I'm a bit hesitant to take on that responsibility myself... quite a daunting task! :lol:
unwallflower
Send a message