The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

How to fix map problem 6 "road not connected" ?

Post by zulujoydotcom
Is there a better way to fix unconnected roads?

The only way I know how to do it right now is to select each road, and every one of it's connected segments one at a time, and use the "Connect" feature.

For instance, take a north/south, east/west intersection. In order to make each of the 4 entry points to this intersection connect to every other one, I need to do each one twice:

n:s,s:n,w:e,e:w,n:e,e:n,n:w,w:n,s:w,w:s,s:e,e:s

That is 12 connections for one intersection!

There has got to be a better way, and if there is, please tell me what it is! :)
zulujoydotcom

POSTER_ID:594786

Send a message

Post by RallyChris
First the solution.

At the intersection in question. Set the directionality of all the incoming roads appropriately.
Highlight the intersection (this will require turning the "Map Problems" layer off).
Use the edit panel "enable all turns" feature.
Put in any turn restrictions that this intersection might have.
Turn on "map probolem" layer and click the refresh button on the layer button.
Note a 6 might be caused by non-connectivity of either end, so fixing one end, might not remove the 6 till the other end is fixed.

Second, a suggestion.
Don't worry about 6's unless they are on a major road, and you have worked every other issue first. 6s, and 7s are the most common errors, and will self correct when someone drives through the area a couple times. Making sure that major roads and highway/freeways work will help out the community a lot more, as this will lower the can't find route, and limit the "weird" instructions normally to the side roads at beginning and end of routes, which again will clean up fairly quickly with a couple drives through the area.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by unwallflower
Once all of the roads are connected to the junction in *some* way, click the junction and then click "enable all turns". It's an option on the edit menu.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
Another situation that can cause the #6 errors is a one-way dead-end street. Waze sees that you can turn down that road but will flag an error if you can't get back out.

That may also occur on a road that is NOT a dead end if the next segment is set as no entry. The routing basically sees that as a dead end with no way out also.

And of course these things can work their way out with people driving the roads just like the connectivity at the intersection.

I usually don't go looking for #6 errors to fix, but if I am already editing near-by I will usually try to clean at least some of them up.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by zulujoydotcom
Excellent answers! Thanks for the info. I will keep in mind that 6's are minor issues. Didn't know they'll work themselves out over time.

I'm getting better at this map editing thing all the time - pretty soon I might just be dangerous at it. :lol:
zulujoydotcom
Send a message