These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

no voice turn by turn blackberry

Post by nolly384
Hi
can any one help me I have blackberry curve 8520 i cannot hear any voice commands when on my journey
thanks paul
nolly384

POSTER_ID:772657

Send a message

Post by NigelSheldon
I have an 8530 (also unsupported at this time) and the turn by turn voice directions do work.

The sound was not working for me and I tried a few different things which brought them back. The first one was to download a different set of voice prompts, found under General settings. The other thing I did was to disable and re-enable the voice prompts using the C key. You should see a speaker appear on the screen with an indication of whether it was turned on or off.

I'm unsure of the exact order that I did these, but I tried each one a few times and then they started working again.
NigelSheldon
Send a message
Curve 8530 -> Galaxy S3

Post by NigelSheldon
I thought of something else that you can try to fix the sound. The sound files are stored on the SD card (for me, anyways) and if you delete all the sound files, you can make waze download them again by going to General and picking a different voice.

This works on 2.1 as well as earlier versions. For 2.1, the voice files have the extension bin but earlier versions used mp3.
NigelSheldon
Send a message
Curve 8530 -> Galaxy S3

Post by nolly384
Thanks Unwallflower I will check out the media volume
nolly384
Send a message

Post by nolly384
Thanks very much umbrau44 I shall try these out
nolly384
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
There are several things that could cause this:

1) Is the media volume on your device turned up? This is different from the ringer volume.

2) There is a known issue of voice direction audio being too soft on the blackberry version... I don't *think* they have fixed this yet, but I could be wrong.

3) The curve is not a supported phone for the blackberry version, so that could be causing problems too.
unwallflower
Send a message