Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.

Toll road checklist - US / Canada

Post by
Please identify any toll roads in the US or Canada that you will convert to toll roads in the editor, or that have been designated toll roads already. List your name if you are going to work on that road. I will monitor the posts and update the first post to reflect what has been assigned/completed.

This topic covers toll roads, not individual bridges or ferries. Those are covered in another thread. Bgodette posted a link below to a list of all toll roads in the United States. Thanks!

USA: Done
Alabama - all (HavanaDay)
California - SR-73, SR-125 (gettingthere), SR-133, SR-241, SR-261 (db869,AlanOfTheBerg)
Colorado - all (bgodette)
Florida - all (Havanaday, banished, crazycomputingdotnet)
Georgia - all (HavanaDay)
Illinois - all (mapcat)
Indiana - all (mapcat)
Kansas - all (mapcat)
Louisiana -all (jasonh300)
Maine - Maine Tpke (WX4WTF)
Maryland - all (CBenson et al)
Massachusetts - MassPike (harling et al)
New Hampshire - all (banished, HavanaDay)
New Jersey - GSP, AC Expy, Newark Bay Extension aka I-78/NJTP exit 14 (WeeeZer14); NJTP (jrapoport, WeeeZer14 and banished)
North Carolina - all (HavanaDay)
Ohio - all (mapcat)
Oklahoma - all (crazycomputingdotnet)
Oregon - None. Only bridges (see other thread) and ferries
Pennsylvania - I-376, PA-66 & PA-576 (mapcat), PA-43 (rleejr79) PA Turnpike main E-W and NE Extension (jdrush)
South Carolina - all (HavanaDay)
Texas - Fort Bend Pkwy, Sam Houston Tollway, Hardy Toll Rd, Katy Tollway (andrewfatcat), Westpark Tollway (bz2012), State Hwy 99, Camino Colombia, Loop 49 (HavanaDay), Loop 1, SH-130, SH-183A, SH-45 (chrysrobyn), Pres George Bush Tpke (allaboutxy), Dallas North Tollway, Sam Rayburn Tollway (LittlestLou)
Utah - all (daknife)
Virginia - VA-76, VA-195, VA-895, Boulevard Bridge (cdombroski), Dulles Greenway (wpegues), Dulles Toll Rd (HavanaDay)
West Virginia - all (mapcat)
Texas - SH-550 ccdn (still under construction will need to be watched in the coming years)
Virginia - SR-168 williambrocket
Delaware - SR-1, I-95 HavanaDay

USA: In progress
New York - NYS Thruway, NE Thruway (banished & Spil)

USA: Unassigned
California - 17 Mile Dr
Puerto Rico - PR-5, PR-22, PR-52

Canada: Done
Ontario - all (mapcat)
Nova Scotia - all (mapcat)

Canada: In progress

Canada: Unassigned

POSTER_ID:1220993

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Based on the list in the OP, are we comfortable saying we are 90% complete in the US? Are we ready to give the thumbs up to Waze to enable to the toll option once a map update which is through mid-July is complete?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Could someone help out with reminding me (I did search and read some older threads) about how to treat toll plazas in terms of multiple paths? For example: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... -117.71497

To my non-toll-familiar eyes, this looks like large toll plazas and some type of "pass" area. Should I split the difference and remove the ramps here?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
crazycomputingdotnet wrote:It looks like the inside lanes are those with a transponder and outside lanes are those who pay cash. I would leave them separated because the inside lanes are at full speed while the outside are going to stop. Two different speed data being collected there since outside comes to a full stop.
Darn. So, people will complain when Waze routes them through the "wrong" side then as it will always pick the faster one. And we leave them different types as "freeway" and "ramp"?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I've finished the list which was posted for California with the exception of the 17 mile drive. It's a bit confusing where the "toll" part starts where you enter Pebble Beach, and, being near the coastline, I don't have edit rights there anyway.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
mapcat wrote:Thanks for getting those done. Has anyone asked for toll roads to be activated in the US yet? Seems like we're ready.
there's no point in activating in the app until the majority of toll roads are actually live in the app and routing server. It's a quick push from Waze once the map is updated.

--
If it looks strange, or I used bad grammar or misspelled anything, it's my phone's fault.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
My understanding was that we 1) Not add (Toll) to anything which didn't already have it as we enabled the Toll Road checkbox, 2) Not remove (Toll) from anything which does already have it until the Toll indicator is available in the app.

The beta is out and is supposed to indicate Toll in the route overview. So, as of right now, we shouldn't really be doing anything. Yet.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by allaboutxy
Here's my update per HavanaDay's request (he/she has been busy!).

I am currently working on completing the Pres George Bush Tpke in Texas. I may do others, but wanted to stick to one at a time. I'll update when complete.
allaboutxy
Send a message
-Billy

Post by allaboutxy
allaboutxy wrote:Here's my update per HavanaDay's request (he/she has been busy!).

I am currently working on completing the Pres George Bush Tpke in Texas. I may do others, but wanted to stick to one at a time. I'll update when complete.
The Pres George Bush Tpke in Texas is now complete.
allaboutxy
Send a message
-Billy

Post by AndyPoms
There are currently no toll roads in the State of Connecticut...

Although the Legislature keeps bringing up the idea of them every few years... :roll:
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by banished
I don't have edit rights to the list, apparently, but Florida SR-589 is 100% and the FL Tpke is 85%. The rest of it will be done today. Anything else is open season for whomever (havanaday?).
banished
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
GC, ARC, Veteran, CISSP, MCP