Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] Live Map UR Layer v3.3 (20231011)

Post by
This is a first stab at hacking together a UR/map problems layer for the Waze livemap view. This version is intended for users to test the core functionality required in such a layer - namely the ability for a third-party script to retrieve UR/problem data from the Waze server when no such data is already present on the page, and to then display it somehow over the existing map view.

After installation, you should see a new checkbox at the bottom of the Live Map window, titled "Update Requests". Tick this box to activate the script. Once active, the script monitors for any movement/zooming of the live map view, and requests the current UR/problem data from the Waze server for the area being viewed. The locations of any received URs are then plotted on the map as a small red/blue box (map problems are not plotted at present).

The Waze servers will not return any data for an area wider or taller than 1 degree of lat/lon, so if the livemap is zoomed out too far the script will only retrieve data for the central area. The area in which data is being requested should show up as a translucent yellow box.

Note that the Waze server will only return data if there is a logged-in user, and the data returned is filtered according to the editable areas assigned to that user - this script cannot display ALL the URs/problems in a given area, ONLY those that the logged-in user would be able to edit.

Userscript version for Tampermonkey etc: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/1948-livemap-ur-overlay

Due to a combination of the additional effort required to generate web store release packages, plus the increasingly overbearing control-freak behaviour exhibited by Google with regards their policing of web store content, I no longer maintain or support the web store versions of this script, and users should migrate to the Userscript version in order to continue receiving updates.

Chrome Web Store version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... niefljookp

POSTER_ID:16778143

Send a message
Last edited by Twister-UK on Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:05 pm, edited 58 times in total.

Post by Inactive user -1673857766-
Twister-UK wrote:I'm now also going to assume that you're using Chrome? In the latest version of Firefox, LMUR still works just fine, whereas in Chrome the SVG rendering problem is being caused by the livemap site security policy being applied to my script code and blocking the application of the SVG styles (i.e. the colours, transparency settings etc.) even though it's being added via Tampermonkey (which, as I understand it, ought to grant it an exemption fron the policy due to the browser user having to deliberately install TM and the script, thus implying permission for the script).

Not sure what the answer to this is for Chrome users...
I'm not a coder so please excuse me if this is really dumb...

In the Tampermonkey script settings under "GM/FF compatibility options" there is a checkbox for "Fix wrappedJSObject property access". Any chance that could help?
Inactive user -1673857766-
Send a message

Post by aka_serge
Works fine today in the morning for me.

Отправлено с моего HTC One S через Tapatalk
aka_serge
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by anti-S-crap
This is Great! Thanks for Script and your time.

Would there be a easy way to tweak the script to show all UR's but the waze automatic ones?

I refuse to fix those till the city layer is fixed. :lol:
anti-S-crap
Send a message

Post by anti-S-crap
Loving the new update! I'm glad to see you worked on it some more..

Most everything seems to be working except "Hide URs not including" and Hide URs including. Every time i toggle these on all the map & UR's disappear.

Also I was wondering with this script and your URO script if your able to put multiple items in the box with some sort of separator?
anti-S-crap
Send a message

Post by anti-S-crap
Here is a problem with UR's with a lot of txt in the comment field getting displayed differently between 1.2 and 1.21
break1.jpg
(111.58 KiB) Downloaded 5766 times
break2.jpg
(107.85 KiB) Downloaded 5757 times
The permalink to the note.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=8&lon ... TTTFTTTTFT
anti-S-crap
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
iainhouse wrote: Now I'm going to be a right pain and ask for another feature. Would it be possible to provide some way to link back to the editor from the UR on the livemap? Maybe a link in the pop-up already associated with each livemap UR.
What I do is zoom in, pick a start and end point using the live map navigation script. When you get the turn instructions on the left, click on one and a bubble will pop up on the map. One of the choices in the bubble is to open that spot on the edit map.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
Twister-UK wrote: however sharp-eyed users will notice a new option lurking at the bottom of the UI - "Hide Livemap markers".
Having trouble getting down to the bottom to check that box. I scroll down and it slides back up. Tried to be quicker, and the window closes before I can check it. Thank you for working on this, I use it all the time and missed it when we lost it to the new live map.

Chrome Version 30.0.1599.69 m

Windows XP Pro version 2002
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
Did Waze change something on Live Map again? Layer was working yesterday, now it isn't. 
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Borgholio
Just installed the latest version, and I've noticed the checkbox to hide requests outside of my editable area doesn't seem to work. I'm getting update icons on the map where I am unable to edit them. Thanks!

Edit - Also, any chance on adding filters to show / hide URs with comments? Thanks again!
Borgholio
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
You will be assimilated...bunghole!

Area Manager - Southern California, Highway 395, Yosemite National Park, Mariposa County and surrounding area.

[img]https:///NvxDK[/img] [img]https:///ZPXMBb[/img]