Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Roundabout Angles

Post by
The WME Roundabout Angles script can help in designing normal roundabouts.

It draws angles for typical roundabouts and overlays a round helper line to adjust the geometry of a roundabout.
The script provides guidance based on the rules described in the roundabouts wiki page.

The original authorship of the script is by wlodek76, who decided to leave the Waze community (hopefully, not forever...).
The rights for further maintenance of the script have been granted by the original author to FZ69617.

The script is currently hosted at GreasyFork:
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/5400-wme ... out-angles

Brief instructions:
  • Activate the script by enabling the "Roundabout Angles" layer in WME
  • The default is inactive, therefore the script will always be off when you reload WME. It must be activated again each time its needed (after reloading WME).
  • The script will automatically find all roundabouts visible on the map - pan and / or zoom the map, if it doesn't find them.
  • Angles will only be displayed for roundabouts with four or less nodes. The other roundabouts will still display the round helper line in a slightly different color, together with a line to the first three nodes, but no angles will be displayed.

================ Original Post ===============

This extension uses a keyboard shortcut key of Shift+D. This is also the WME default shortcut for highlighting unnamed roads, thus you are no longer able to use the standard keyboard shortcut to show the unnamed roads.

The keyboard shortcuts popup now shows "None" as the shortcut key for unnamed roads. Disabling the extension returns standard keyboard shortcut funtionality.

POSTER_ID:9760856

Send a message

Post by Arnoniem
Thanks for this script!

A small tip, could you put the latest download link, in the opening post? That makes it easier to find, especially if this thread grows longer ;)

A question, I get 2 different layouts on roundabouts. One not showing the angles, the other does. Can you explain?
WME roundabout angles 1.jpg
(106.86 KiB) Downloaded 1971 times
Arnoniem
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ BeNeLux Champs UAE Champs Android Beta Coordinator Middle East
CM:The Netherlands CM:U.A.E. CM:Oman CM:Thailand
https://u.cubeupload.com/Arnoniem/FsnBw8.jpg

Post by Arnoniem
Thanks for the 4 answers ;)
I did read about the 5 connections but wasn't aware that it was actually 5 nodes and that a split entry/exit wouldn't work.
I guess we'd have to invent a mapcat-bowtie-ish roundabout to fix that. (But that wouldn't work without using the same node or creating an extra segment :D)

send from my SGS4, using Tapatalk
Arnoniem
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Arnoniem
Could someone re-work this script, so that the layer shows up in latest WME layer menu? I presume that's the main reason for not working, but if there's something else preventing the RA angles to show up, that may be fixed as well. :D
Arnoniem
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by B_Carp
Great script! Could I please ask about the reported diameter of a roundabout using this script? When I draw a roundabout using WME, if I drag it to 10m, then this script will report the diameter as 18m. Why the discrepancy? Which is correct?
B_Carp
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
wlodek76 wrote:so it used Shift+W in that case :)
Shift+W is used to switch on/off Validator :lol:
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by carloslaso
I will lock this thread until the author comes back, you can use the script JustinS83 mentions in his post.
carloslaso
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Coordinador de Comunidad en México / Foro MX
Supervisor Noroeste México

iPhone 15 Pro Max / iOS 17ß / Waze ß 4.x

Post by funwayz
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but has anybody had any success in getting this script working again. Unfortunately I cannot work out how to make the changes that Justin says to make
funwayz
Send a message

Post by FZ69617
For those who did not notice that, there is an updated version 1.04.1 of the script that works with latest WME:
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/5400-wme ... out-angles

The original authorship of the script is by wlodek76 who has left the Waze.
Fortunately, the author gave me the rights to publish, and maintain results of his work. I'll try do my best to fulfill this duty.

In case of any problems with a new version please let me know.
FZ69617
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by FZ69617
Dear Wazers!

A new version 1.05 of WME Roundabout Angles script has been released.

Changes:
- New: Added support for roundabouts with 1 or 2 nodes.
- Improvement: Simplified roundabout markers starts displaying at zoom level 1.
- Improvement: Minimal required zoom level to compute roundabout angles changed to 5 (was 6).
- Improvement: Light blue marker circle is now displayed only with roundabouts for which the script can measure angles. The other roundabouts (with more than 4 nodes) are displayed a bit darker.
- Optimization: Significantly improved script execution performance.

Enjoy! :)
FZ69617
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by FZ69617
Arnoniem wrote:A small tip, could you put the latest download link, in the opening post? That makes it easier to find, especially if this thread grows longer ;)
Unfortunately, I cannot do that - opening post has been deleted, and any changes to currently opening post can be performed by its author, or forum moderator.
Arnoniem wrote:A question, I get 2 different layouts on roundabouts. One not showing the angles, the other does. Can you explain?
Seems to be already answered. :)
In short, the primary intent of the script is to help in designing "normal" roundabouts - as explained there:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Roundabouts/ ... structions

All roundabouts that are not eligible to become normal are being drawn using a dark blue circle that goes through the first three nodes, without any attempt to measure the angles - it helps to find the roundabouts on the map, but has nothing in common with a primary intent of the script.
FZ69617
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message