To Do - Kansas City, MO-KS
If you would like to help out in mapping this region, contact me to coordinate our efforts.
Please reference the Discussion Tab/Page before editing this page.
Return to previous page: To Do Lists - Major Cities To Do Lists
|Freeway Section||Area Manager||Assigned||Started||Progress||Comment|
|KC to I-35 Kansas||the1who||TBD||n/a||...||...|
|KC to I-35 Missouri||the1who||TBD||n/a||...|| ...
|KC to Lawrence I-70 Kansas||the1who||TBD||n/a||...||...|
|Lawrence I-70 Kansas||zosso||TBD||n/a||...||...|
|KC to I-70 Missouri||the1who||TBD||n/a||...|| ...
|KC to I-29||the1who||TBD||n/a||...||...|
|I-435||the1who||TBD||6/15/2012||Construction|| Ramps at 435/69 in KS deleted to prevent routing during construction.
Ramps at 435/Quivira in KS deleted to prevent routing during construction.
|Major Highways||Responsible Area Manager||Assigned||Started||Progress||Comment
|KS - US Hwy 56|
|US Hwy 56||the1who||TBD||...||...|| ...
|KS - US Hwy 69|
|US Hwy 69||the1who||TBD||6/15/2012||Construction||Ramps have been deleted to prevent routing during construction at 435/69 and at Quivira/435|
|KS - US Hwy 169|
|US Hwy 169||the1who||TBD||n/a||...||...|
|MO - US Hwy 24|
|US Hwy 24||the1who||TBD||n/a||...||...|
|MO - US Hwy 50|
|US Hwy 50||the1who||TBD||n/a||...||...|
|MO - US Hwy 69|
|US Hwy 69||the1who||TBD||n/a||...||...|
|MO - US Hwy 71|
|US Hwy 71||the1who||TBD||n/a||...||...|
|MO - US Hwy 169|
|US Hwy 169||the1who||TBD||8/11/2012||Construction||Routes have been disconnected to prevent routing during construction through end of year|
|Minor/State Highways||Responsible Area Manager||Assigned||Started||Progress||Comment|
|KS State Hwy 7|
|State Hwy 7||the1who||TBD||n/a||...||...|
|KS State Hwy 10|
|State Hwy 10||the1who||TBD||n/a||...||...|
|MO State Hwy 7|
|State Hwy 7||the1who||TBD||n/a||...||...|
|MO State Hwy 152|
|State Hwy 152||the1who||TBD||n/a||...||...|
|MO State Hwy 210|
|State Hwy 210||the1who||TBD||n/a||...||...|
|MO State Hwy 291|
|State Hwy 291||the1who||TBD||n/a||...||...|
|Street||Responsible Area Manager||Assigned||Started||Progress||Comment|
|KC Main St Sample|
|KC Main St Sample||the1who||TBD||n/a||...||...|
|Street/POI||Responsible Area Manager||Assigned||Started||Progress||Comment|
|95th St Overland Park Sample|
Map editing guidelines
(or: Let's Just Do This Once)
How to label and name roads
Please reference the following Wiki for editing in our area:
- For map viewing and navigation, it is critical to use the proper labeling of a road type. The Work Chart above gives a good representation of what you should see in Cartouche and the client, if you have your client's color scheme set to map editor.
- road geometry matches aerials
- eliminate unnecessary junctions: other than where the city changes, or where ramps connect, get rid of 'em.
- lane directions correct & locked (one-way roads do not have center dividers)
- road type is correct
- primary road name first: "I-xx"/"US Hwy xx"/"State Hwy xx"
- alternate route numbers next;
- highway name (e.g., "Yankee Division Hwy") next
- street name if applicable (e.g., Andover St.) last
- check & correct connectivity between highway segments
- if Major or Minor highways have city assigned names that rely on it for addresses, use the city assigned name for the highways instead.
- geometry matches aerials
- directions correct & locked (one-way roads do not have center dividers)
- road type set to "ramps"
- street names should match existing signage; e.g.:
- "Exit 2A: I-35 S / Wichita"
- "to I-35 S / Wichita"
- ramp names should use the last sign before the exit if at all possible
- when a ramp segment has no sign of its own (e.g., after two ramps merge), borrow from the names of the "upstream" ramps, which should be similar if not identical
- check & correct all connectivity among ramps & roads--critical for proper routing
- eliminate junctions connecting roads that should be at different levels
- when possible, make "0" the street level
- overpasses should have a positive level (unless they are at street level spanning a below-grade road)
- roads that are below street level, such as Pflumm and I-435, should have a negative level
- do not add junctions in order to change road levels mid-segment, unless unavoidable (e.g., A crosses over B, which crosses over C, which elsewhere crosses over A.)
- when changing a segment's level, check its full length for problems with using the new value
Red Light and Speed Cameras
If you find a camera or speed sensor, doesn't mean it will be on the map. In preference, I believe that only permanent structures need to be added to the map. This means, sensors that trigger radar detectors, such as the speed sensors along I-70 and US Hwy 50 should be reported, and not the neighborhood watch temporary speed gun trailer. In that same line of thought, if it is a speed sensor, but is not legally binding, then please report as dummy camera. There are no known legally bound speed cameras in the metro yet. There are legally bound red light cameras that issue tickets if violated and I will most certainly make sure those are on the map. I have referenced official city websites and their red light camera programs, especially Kansas City. I have gone through the map and approved the ones that match not only what the city lists as their red light safety program camera, but what matches aerial and street view confirmations. You can see the list here: http://www.kcmo.org/CKCMO/Depts/PublicWorks/Red-LightSafetyCameraProgram/index.htm
- Cameras on top of stop lights are not necessarily red light or speed cameras. Most cities use them for traffic and emergency management purposes.
- Red light cameras are almost exclusively placed on a pole before the intersection, with a set of cameras facing the direction of travel, towards the intersection they are interested in enforcing.
- This is just a start to our compilation of cameras, so don't get frustrated just yet. Send me a PM from the link up at the top and we'll go from there. But we do need some organization and provide correct information to all users. Thanks!
- All other reported cameras will be up for deletion.
|Street/POI||Responsible Area Manager||Assigned||Updated||Progress||Comment|
|Red Light Cameras|
|39th Street and Southwest Trafficway||the1who||tohams||8/15/2012||Complete||Verified, aligned and approved camera.|
|W. 79th Street and Wornall Road||the1who||the1who||8/11/2012||Complete||Verified, aligned and approved camera.|
|E. 63rd Street and Prospect Avenue||the1who||the1who||8/11/2012||Complete||Verified, aligned and approved camera.|
|39th and Main streets||the1who||amnewsboy||9/13/2012||Complete||Verified, aligned and approved camera.|
|E. 19th and Walnut streets||the1who||aaronwro||12/21/2012||Complete||Verified, aligned and approved camera.|
|27th Street and Southwest Trafficway||the1who||the1who||8/11/2012||Complete||Verified, aligned, and approved camera.|
|U.S. 71 Highway (Bruce R. Watkins Drive) and 55th Street||the1who||the1who||8/11/2012||Complete||Verified, aligned, and approved camera.|
|U.S. 71 Highway (Bruce R. Watkins Drive) and 59th Street||the1who||the1who||8/11/2012||Complete||Verified, aligned, and approved camera.|
|U.S. 71 Highway (Bruce R. Watkins Drive) and Gregory Boulevard||the1who||the1who||8/11/2012||Complete||Verified, aligned, and approved camera.|
|North Oak Trafficway and Vivion Road||the1who||the1who||8/11/2012||Complete||Verified, aligned, and approved camera.|
|N.W. 68th Street and U.S. 169 Highway||the1who||the1who||8/11/2012||Complete||Verified, aligned, and approved camera.|
|Winner Road and I-435||the1who||the1who||8/11/2012||Complete||Verified, aligned, and approved camera.|
|23rd Street and I-435||the1who||the1who||8/11/2012||Complete||Verified, aligned, and approved camera.|
|U.S. Highway 71 and Red Bridge Road||the1who||the1who||8/11/2012||Complete||Verified, aligned, and approved camera.|
|Bannister Road and I-435||the1who||TBD||8/11/2012||Field Trip Needed||Need camera reported if exists. Could not confirm in Waze or other resources.|
|Bannister Road and U.S. Highway 71||the1who||the1who||8/11/2012||Complete||Verified, aligned, and approved camera.|
|N.E. Barry Road/Missouri Highway 152 and North Flintlock Road||the1who||the1who||8/11/2012||Complete||Verified, aligned, and approved camera.|
|I-435 and Wornall Road||the1who||the1who||8/11/2012||Complete||Verified, aligned, and approved camera.|