The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
|Can't find what you're looking for here? Check the Global wiki, and if it isn't there, check the USA wiki. Still lost? Check with the community on the Australia forums or Discord server.|
|I'm new here...||Mapping in Australia|
|General Topics||Mapping Topics|
|This wiki should only be adjusted with the permission of the Australia leadership team.|
- Everyone is welcome to contribute to the Waze Australia map, but is required to follow the local rules, mapping standards and terminology as listed here in the Australian Wiki. Any rules/guidelines not covered herein will be available in the global Wiki.
- We occasionally make changes to standards which you need to keep apprised of. Changes as well as other announcements are often found in the Australian forums or Waze Australia Discord server.
- Any edit made is to improve the quality of the map for the benefit of Waze app users. If your edit is not going to value add, it is not welcome.
- If you don’t know or you’re not sure, check out this wiki, ask on the forums or Discord, or approach your editing mentor. Do not make an edit that risks damaging the map.
- Every volunteer Waze editor needs to acknowledge they are working as a part of a larger team, all working towards the same goal. It is therefore vital we work together, and not against each other.
- A component of teamwork is communication - for example, reading and responding to forum messages and emails, visiting the forum to view news and announcements, joining discussions on Discord, providing and receiving feedback, and working with local area, state and country managers.
- Do not take over a segment or area already being worked on. Check segment timestamps and look out for map comments (turn the layer on in WME). Reach out to other editors first to ensure you’re not damaging their contributions. You can reach out to them via forum PM or the Discord server.
- When you edit a segment, you become responsible for ensuring it is correct and complete. Make sure:
- The segment position and angles are realistically mapped
- The segment is connected correctly to other segments
- A name, city and state is applied, where known
- Check turns to other segments are correct
- Speed limits are applied
- It is locked to the correct level
- Lane guidance is applied, where applicable.
- You do not copy external data or information from other data sources (maps, websites, etc.) unless it meets our strict external data policy.
- All activities concerning Waze in Australia are carried out in a spirit of mutual respect and we want you to show it. So keep the wording nice and friendly, and use the "thank you" on the forums and Discord if someone helps you.
Your edits are visible for all to see, in addition to active monitoring by area, state and country managers. If you do not meet these expectations, you can anticipate contact via forum private message or on the Waze Australia Discord server. Rapid improvement is required, or the Australian management team will be forced to take action against your account to remove privileges, rank, editing area, and editing abilities. Sanctions against your account will follow you in any country you edit in.
Language and Terminology
301 Moved Permanently