Just drive around with Waze turned on
- The easiest way to improve Waze is just drive around with Waze turned on. Every time you travel, even if you are not using Waze to guide you, turn it on. You don't have to do anything. Waze will use the information from your journey to calculate average speeds at the time you are driving, check for errors and improve road layout. It learns the direction of roads and which turns are allowed. The more data, the more accurate it will be.
- When you later use Waze for directions, you'll benefit from better routes using the information you helped collect
- You don't need to make special trips with Waze. In fact Waze works best on your regular trips
- With Waze on, you'll get free road reports on local traffic conditions automatically
- Last but not least, for every km driven with Waze on, you gain points to increase your level
Add a missing road on your trip
Driving on a road that is not in Waze yet? Record it while driving:
Tap Map Issue
Select Pave and then tap the Pave button
Continue driving with Waze open as you pave the new road. You'll see a red road appear in red.
Once you've finished, tap the Map issue icon on the left side of the map and tap Stop.
Preferring a video over text?
Validate new roads with Pacman
Newly mapped roads show dots in the App. Many Wazers call these Pacman-roads, as driving there will transform you into pacman munching the dots. Well done! You add new information to the roads, and let the system know they really exists. In turn, you just earned extra points! It can take up to a few days, before the road will lose the dots in your App and appear confirmed. So you might as well do this several times.
Report Map Issues
Having trouble routing? Report a Map Issue.
Tap Map Issue
You can add a description if you have the time for it. Of course, don't type while driving! An editor will handle your report. If something is unclear, you might get additional questions. For every report and reaction, Waze grants you with extra points.
Too busy to report? Let us know what needs to be improved when you have time. Go to the Livemap, and click on the location to report a problem.
Report Hazards on the road
You can warn your fellow Wazers for potholes, police checks, accidents and road closures etc.. Press the Report button again and choose the applicable icon. With a data connection, the warnings will be visible on the map immediately.
Add Petrol Stations
Want to see the Petrol Stations on the map, and be able to search for it? Add it to the Waze map:
- Use the in-app camera to take a picture, then tap forward .
- Fill in the details and choose Gas Station as category