Lonewolf147 (talk | contribs)
m (Lonewolf147 moved page Wisconsin to Wisconsin-Old)
Lonewolf147 (talk | contribs)
m (Lonewolf147 moved page Wisconsin-Old to Wisconsin over redirect)
Revision as of 14:08, 20 January 2015
Information related to using Waze in the State of Wisconsin. Resources for other states and the entire country can be found on the mapping resources page.
Major Construction Projects
Work Zones and Detour Information
Plans, Studies and Projects is a good place to get information on construction completion dates.
Functional Classification Road Maps
WI DOT Functional Classification Road Maps
- If the links are not working in your browser, an FTP client will work if you use the following:
- Site: ftp.dot.wi.gov
- Default Directory: /dtim/bop/functional
*NEW* Please check below for known, more current FC maps than those in the DOT's FTP server!
Wisconsin State Highway Map (just like the folding paper one.)
State Trunk Highway Maps
County Maps: These show the routes of all county, state, and federal highways, including city/town boundaries.
GIS Maps by County
- Dane (FC 2013)
- Eau Claire
- Menominee (None Available)
- Saint Croix
Tips for using GIS Maps
- For maps hosted with WG Xtreme, using the "Advanced Map" tab, you can turn off plot labels to clear up street names (if they are in the way of road names)
Places (fka Landmarks)
As of March 2014, national guideline was created for Places that all editors should now follow.
Since changes are still in progress with these guidelines, editors should be conservative about adding Places until these guidelines are solidified.
For more information regarding this ongoing process, please see the forum link at the top of the Places page.
Speed / Red Light Cameras
- Speed Cameras are NOT CURRENTLY LEGAL in the State of Wisconsin.
- There is no prohibition on red light cameras. However, according to the IIHS, there aren't any in Wisconsin. (I have seen that Milwaukee may have some red light cameras, hopefully a local person can update this to verify or disprove)
Things that are not cameras:
The following is a list of things that are not considered to be cameras for the purposes of map editing in Waze. These devices CAN NOT issue tickets.
- Driver feedback signs
- Radar/laser equipped signs that measure speed and display it back to the driver. These can be fixed or trailer mounted (with the later being much more prevalent).
- Cameras mounted on traffic signals
- Are used as part of the signal control. These compare sequential images of the intersection approach to determine if there is a vehicle (car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, etc.) waiting, and will trigger the sequence.
- Traditional traffic monitoring cameras
- These cover most of the major highways in the state. These send live video to WisDOT & local media and serve only as a traffic monitoring system.
Area Managers / County Managers
Great Lakes Regional Coordinator
|GizmoGuy411 (PM [Help])||NW Ohio counties. Also a Global Waze Champ, USA Country Manager, & Waze Expert.||Don't get him wet|
Area Managers (WI Based)
|AVdriver (PM [Help])||5||Rice Lake area / Eau Claire / Marshfield|
|Cheesehead_Dave (PM [Help])||3||Eastern Racine, Kenosha, and Lake (IL) counties.|
|davenh (PM [Help])||4||Primarily Milwaukee/SE Wisconsin, also southern half of WI|
|KB_Steveo (PM [Help])||4||+/- Brown, Door Counties / Appleton||See my user page for other editing ranges|
|Lonewolf147 (PM [Help])||4||Milwaukee / Southeastern Wisconsin / 41 corridor to Oshkosh|
Area Managers (Out of State)
|Username||Rank/Level||Home State||WI Areas Managed / Edited|
|aeroseek (PM [Help])||5
||Illinois||Southern Wisconsin. Portions of Juneau and Adams Counties. Mauston, New Lisbon, Quincy.|
|Bigbear3764 (PM [Help])||5
|Illinois||I-39 / US-51 corridor from Janesville to Eagle River,|
I-90 from Madison to the Mississippi (Editor only)
|Karrows (PM [Help])||4||Minnesota||Western border of WI from New Richmond up through Danbury|
|Made2Map (PM [Help])||4||Alabama||Wausau north to Eagle River along US 51, US 45, & US 8 (WI-Area Manager)|
If you are an Area Manager that covers the State of Wisconsin, or a someone that does a lot of work in Wisconsin, please add yourself to the appropriate section (alphabetical by username).
Information about setting your PM links is located on the "discussion" tab at the top of this page.
Instead of trudging through the hard to follow wiki layout to answer a question, or having to do a Google search to find common pages, here are some pages that are often useful for review. Please add anything you think should be on here, (or send me a PM and I can add it). Thanks.
If you have not seen any of these guides before, please familiarize yourself with them.
About this page
Please report broken links or other issues to KB_Steveo