Jolly drivers

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jolly drivers

Postby floppyrod84 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:06 pm

dknight212 wrote:
xteejx wrote:
dknight212 wrote:X ray camera 30 miles per hour

Mine again using voice typing. Xray should be "this speed" stupid thing. Added a camera for other direction and dropped a UR for the speed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe we need a thread just for your URs.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Perhaps ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
 
Posts: 2569
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:17 pm
Location: Sheerness, Kent, UK
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jolly drivers

Postby AndyPoms » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:02 pm

dmcconachie wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:
Also, WTH is a "Zebra Crossing"? The old lady should be in the "Crosswalk" so she doesn't get a ticket for jaywalking...


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaywalking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/sarcasm ;-)

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/no_duh
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 7215
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:34 pm
Location: Hartford, CT
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 1325 times

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jolly drivers

Postby dmcconachie » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:48 pm

AndyPoms wrote:
dknight212 wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:
Also, WTH is a "Zebra Crossing"? The old lady should be in the "Crosswalk" so she doesn't get a ticket for jaywalking...


You ticket people for walking like a bird?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaywalking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/sarcasm ;-)
dmcconachie
 
Posts: 6119
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:44 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 310 times

Re: Re: Re: Jolly drivers

Postby dknight212 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:23 am

xteejx wrote:
dknight212 wrote:X ray camera 30 miles per hour

Mine again using voice typing. Xray should be "this speed" stupid thing. Added a camera for other direction and dropped a UR for the speed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe we need a thread just for your URs.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
dknight212
 
Posts: 4963
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:21 am
Location: London, UK
Has thanked: 473 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: Re: Re: Jolly drivers

Postby AndyPoms » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:45 pm

dknight212 wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:
Also, WTH is a "Zebra Crossing"? The old lady should be in the "Crosswalk" so she doesn't get a ticket for jaywalking...


You ticket people for walking like a bird?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaywalking
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 7215
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:34 pm
Location: Hartford, CT
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 1325 times

Re: Re: Re: Jolly drivers

Postby dknight212 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:37 pm

AndyPoms wrote:
Also, WTH is a "Zebra Crossing"? The old lady should be in the "Crosswalk" so she doesn't get a ticket for jaywalking...


You ticket people for walking like a bird?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
dknight212
 
Posts: 4963
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:21 am
Location: London, UK
Has thanked: 473 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: Re: Re: Jolly drivers

Postby floppyrod84 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:04 am

gerben wrote:
xteejx wrote:Close the lot and PM them. Explain they can use the livemap on the site to report distant problems without moving :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Hmmm... A bit difficult now that the submitter's name is no longer visible.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Desire S met Tapatalk

I knew that.... ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
 
Posts: 2569
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:17 pm
Location: Sheerness, Kent, UK
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Re: Re: Jolly drivers

Postby dknight212 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:13 pm

Spil wrote:
dknight212 wrote:
RodNav wrote:"Missing bridge overpass"

Since there is in fact no bridge or overpass in the area, perhaps I should report it to the police as stolen?

I get this a lot, is it because of the position of this option in the list?

Not really, no -- it's usually because when they're flying down the highway at 65+MPH, the "Street"-level roads that cross over or under the highway don't appear in the display. Thus, the Wazer thinks that we don't have the crossing road on the Waze map (when in at least 99% of the cases that I've seen, we actually do).


65mph? Not on our highways in London!


David using Tapatalk
dknight212
 
Posts: 4963
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:21 am
Location: London, UK
Has thanked: 473 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: Re: Jolly drivers

Postby bz2012 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:00 pm

foxitrot wrote:
Superfraggle wrote:Why not just disable the option to add reports when the map is scrolled. Or a pop warning saying that reports can only be generated for your current location, not by scrolling to locations on screen.

When reporting anything on a scrolled map, the map immediately pans to the current location. This can be well observed on a larger screen and the user might get an idea, what's going on. Unfortunately, on smaller screens, the rapidly moving map is often perfectly covered by the already opened report dialog and various other navigation elements and remains unnoticed by the user.

A solution would be to postpone the dialog popup until the map is completely scrolled and rotated to the current position. But this would increase the GUI lagginess.

Why not modify the user app so that it does NOT immediately pan to the current location, but captures the center coordinates and zoom level, allows the report, and THEN scrolls to current location or give the user the option of staying where they are to file other reports?
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
 
Posts: 1503
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:32 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, La
Has thanked: 1318 times
Been thanked: 281 times

Re: Re: Jolly drivers

Postby foxitrot » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:48 am

Superfraggle wrote:Why not just disable the option to add reports when the map is scrolled. Or a pop warning saying that reports can only be generated for your current location, not by scrolling to locations on screen.

When reporting anything on a scrolled map, the map immediately pans to the current location. This can be well observed on a larger screen and the user might get an idea, what's going on. Unfortunately, on smaller screens, the rapidly moving map is often perfectly covered by the already opened report dialog and various other navigation elements and remains unnoticed by the user.

A solution would be to postpone the dialog popup until the map is completely scrolled and rotated to the current position. But this would increase the GUI lagginess.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 7168
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:22 pm
Location: Slovakia
Has thanked: 2510 times
Been thanked: 1135 times

Next

Return to Waze Map Editor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users