Jolly drivers

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Jolly drivers

Postby mgg4nic » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:56 am

Received the typically empty report for "Wrong Driving Directions." When I asked for clarification, I received back, "The app gave me wrong directions."

/sigh/ SMH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mgg4nic

Postby jdeyoung » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:17 pm

Saw this:

Problem: it tgonls

Waze translation? Assuming this wasn't random text ;)
jdeyoung

Location: Greater Chicago Metro area, NW Indiana, SW Lower MI, USA

Postby tckma » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:04 am

irowiki wrote:I have who I assume to be the same user reporting every fast food and pizza place he can't search with generic terms like "pizza" "chicken" etc. :lol:

He or she must have moved to this area. I just saw a generic error with a description of "chinese food."

If another editor hadn't already commented, I might have been tempted to reply with "What is your problem with Chinese food? It is delicious!" ;)
tckma
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby irowiki » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:30 pm

I have who I assume to be the same user reporting every fast food and pizza place he can't search with generic terms like "pizza" "chicken" etc. :lol:
irowiki

Postby davielde » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:27 pm

daknife wrote:Edit: Went back, restored the doglegs and returned to ramp status.

Thanks daknife for taking care of this, and especially for being willing to tolerate the Michigan at-grade exception.
davielde

Postby khaytsus » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:55 pm

bz2012 wrote:Thank goodness that some noobee didn't 'connect the points with a road'. :)
[I do wish that the message would be changed! I get tired of finding a road overlaying other roads because someone did what they thought they were being told to do.]

Oh god, you're right. I have one editor in my area who does this a LOT and I've seen it other times and I've always thought "Why in the world did someone draw this random L shaped path here??" That must be it, exactly.
khaytsus

Postby Daknife » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:39 am

Or a Towel.
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby Jay91150 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:06 am

elle-emme wrote:
General error (user reported)
Problem: hard to see

Um... :shock:

I am reminded of the late great Douglas Adams. Perhaps the reporter was simply wearing too large a hat.
Jay91150

Postby elle-emme » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:58 am

General error (user reported)
Problem: hard to see

Um... :shock:
elle-emme

Postby davielde » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:10 pm

CBenson wrote:Ahh the perils of posting in the Jolly drivers thread.

It's not a peril if it helps fix a problem, even if you're humbled a bit in the process by not fully understanding all aspects of routing like the Champs and CMs do ;-)

daknife wrote:That said I took a look at it, made some tweaks for visual/turn instruction timing (moved the two turn ramp nodes back closer to where they actually start to ensure instructions are given in a timely manner. and changed the ramps to streets because at grade connectors are not Ramps.

The "ramps" are actually part of a "Michigan Left" exception initially developed and tweaked by sketch, with full knowledge during the process of our RC, GizmoGuy, who also helped tweak the Michigan wiki page for it. It is well-implemented throughout the state, and here is some documentation that was drafted. The two segments are locked at 5 now, but looking it over, the angles entering the "ramp" segments are no longer sharp enough to generate the "turn left" instructions and should at least be micro dog-legged back. The right turns onto the main road for access to the Michigan Left median u-turns from the two different parking lot roads are both legal as well, so I think that that is why the u-turns were so far forward to begin with. It is no longer possible to get to the u-turns from the parking lots, but that's probably minor compared to the amount of traffic being served on the main road. This is obviously the more contentious part...but the at-grade connectors should be changed back as well to meet the "Michigan Left" requirements.
davielde

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor