Jolly drivers

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Jolly drivers

Postby jasonh300 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:46 am

sketch wrote:Hmmmm, although isn't it true that the Shell and Chevron logos are typically in title case, whereas "TEXACO" is generally in all caps? :D

SHELL and TEXACO are all caps on their signs but Chevron is mixed case. I convert everything to mixed case in the editor so as not to be obnoxious. However, I haven't figures out a way to make the double x in Exxon in the editor.
jasonh300

Postby sketch » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:38 am

Hmmmm, although isn't it true that the Shell and Chevron logos are typically in title case, whereas "TEXACO" is generally in all caps? :D
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby DwarfLord » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:04 pm

Polite soft-spoken folk shun SHELL and CHEVRON, they go to Texaco and Mobil instead.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby coontex » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:27 pm

sketch wrote:[ img ]

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!!!

Is chevron paying waze to yell at wazers to stop in when they pass by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coontex
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby sketch » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:13 am

[ img ]

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!!!
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby SkiDooGuy » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:11 am

SkiDooGuy(3) on June 25, 2014
Hello, Can you please provide some more information about the error you encountered? I.E. Address of destination. The more detailed you are, the better chance we have at finding a solution. Thank you for reporting and Waze on!

Reporter on June 25, 2014
Hello. Um ok.

Apparently I caught them off guard...

Never got any more info.
SkiDooGuy
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby russblau » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:18 pm

Missing road (user reported)
Problem: I could not find my address
Reported on: April 12

Try looking on your driver's license! :lol:
russblau
State Manager
State Manager

Postby bz2012 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:16 pm

jdeyoung wrote:....
I'm not convinced that waze correctly connects a response to a previously reported UR. I realize it is extremely hard - especially as volunteer editors - to verify this, but I have seen "proper" responses completely out of context for where the UR response is attached. I'm guessing if a user has submitted multiple URs, that the responses are not always attached to the correct one - or at least the one that user THINKS they are responding to.

The drivers often seem to assume that we see their entire route, driving instructions, and know who they are. They may 'report' over several URs and think that our questions are related to a different report.
As far as I can tell, the response we send IS linked to the proper report and IF they view the e-mail they get about it on a computer and open the link that is included, THEN they can respond on the correct 'thread'.
If they respond in their app, then there may be no correlation.
Again, I'm not suggesting that there isn't user-error, but with the number of responses I've seen that refer to URs (or situations) that are nowhere near where the UR/Response is being shown, that the blame is ALL on the users either.
In situations like this - it would be really convenient if we could see whether the OR has any other open reports. Having waze provide this doesn't require that we see the OR's id - just that they have multiple reports open. Hmmmm, sounds like an enhancement request. :D

Sounds like a good idea.... perhaps WAZE could assign a random unique 'reporter number' to each user, in addition to their userid and just show US the reporter number.
These could be 'scrambled' on a time basis so that only reports issued within a limited amount of time would be 'linked', say 30 days?
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby sockslabs » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:07 pm

qwaletee wrote:
Ummm, commenting without context, but isn't that his exact complaint? That Waze is suggesting a U-turn on the highway?

Waze never suggests U-turns. Instead it'll send you 2 miles down back roads and take 3 lefts. Plus the interstate segments are all 1-way. So: huh?
sockslabs
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jdeyoung » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:14 pm

qwaletee wrote:Ummm, commenting without context, but isn't that his exact complaint? That Waze is suggesting a U-turn on the highway?

sockslabs wrote:Reported on I-290W: Turn not allowed

sockslabs(3) on June 24, 2014
What you you mean 'turn not allowed' on 290 W?

Reporter on June 24, 2014
No U turn ..

sockslabs(3) on June 24, 2014
I don't understand. You're on 290W, a 3-lane interstate highway. Taking a U-turn is going to kill somebody. What do you mean?

He hasn't responded back -- I fear something terrible may have happened. ;)

I'm not convinced that waze correctly connects a response to a previously reported UR. I realize it is extremely hard - especially as volunteer editors - to verify this, but I have seen "proper" responses completely out of context for where the UR response is attached. I'm guessing if a user has submitted multiple URs, that the responses are not always attached to the correct one - or at least the one that user THINKS they are responding to. Again, I'm not suggesting that there isn't user-error, but with the number of responses I've seen that refer to URs (or situations) that are nowhere near where the UR/Response is being shown, that the blame is ALL on the users either.
In situations like this - it would be really convenient if we could see whether the OR has any other open reports. Having waze provide this doesn't require that we see the OR's id - just that they have multiple reports open. Hmmmm, sounds like an enhancement request. :D
jdeyoung

Location: Greater Chicago Metro area, NW Indiana, SW Lower MI, USA

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor