Jolly drivers

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Jolly drivers

Postby qwaletee » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:24 am

Please, no... I'll take funky written answers any day over unintelligible noises. Plus, try doing that while trying to look busy on your laptop. "Hey, are you on a conference call all day long with that headset?"

xteejx wrote:Oh God please don't mention the messed up timings for TTS!
In regards to the General Error UR option... I wonder if it could be something to bring up with Waze directly at the UK meet up this Saturday. I want to push for a report cache option anyway for low signal areas. Maybe not for traffic but for user reports and map errors it'd be helpful.
Also maybe a way to record a Wazers voice (so much easier) recording of the issue which we could then playback in WME.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby qwaletee » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:23 am

Ummm, commenting without context, but isn't that his exact complaint? That Waze is suggesting a U-turn on the highway?

sockslabs wrote:Reported on I-290W: Turn not allowed

sockslabs(3) on June 24, 2014
What you you mean 'turn not allowed' on 290 W?

Reporter on June 24, 2014
No U turn ..

I don't understand. You're on 290W, a 3-lane interstate highway. Taking a U-turn is going to kill somebody. What do you mean?

He hasn't responded back -- I fear something terrible may have happened. ;)
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby sockslabs » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:42 pm

Reported on I-290W: Turn not allowed

What you you mean 'turn not allowed' on 290 W?

No U turn ..

I don't understand. You're on 290W, a 3-lane interstate highway. Taking a U-turn is going to kill somebody. What do you mean?

He hasn't responded back -- I fear something terrible may have happened. ;)
sockslabs
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby foxitrot » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:54 am

xteejx wrote:
top_gun_de wrote:For sure, it won't hurt to mention the timing. My response from staff was "it received generally positive feedback"

Love to know who those users were.

Maybe we've missed some direct PMs or emails to staff, or any app store comments, something in the way "...we especially love the omission of particular turn notifications..." ;)

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby russblau » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:27 am

UR wrote:Wrong driving direction (user reported)

Reported on: June 22

russblau(5) on June 24, 2014
Hi, I'm a volunteer Waze map editor. Can you provide any details about the map issue you reported on the Outer Loop at Gallows Rd?

I don't care

Possible response: Neither do I, now.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager

Postby sockslabs » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:52 am

Problem: left from right lane

Are you asking for Waze to keep track of which lane you're in? GPS doesn't have that kind of resolution. If you see a left coming up, then you might want to get into the left lane.
sockslabs
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby floppyrod84 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:28 am

top_gun_de wrote:For sure, it won't hurt to mention the timing. My response from staff was "it received generally positive feedback"

Love to know who those users were.
Personal example, I get "turn left onto Invicta Road" here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.43761 ... niut5g!2e0

So do you think..."I just missed my turn" (Winstanley Road), "it's this one" (Galway Road), or the correct one in 300 feet (Invicta Road). Hate the change :(
floppyrod84

Postby top_gun_de » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:58 am

For sure, it won't hurt to mention the timing. My response from staff was "it received generally positive feedback"
top_gun_de
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:10 am

Jay91150 wrote:That's probably related to this World Cup nonsense going on right now. The map has become littered with soccer/footballs, and for some reason the majority of them are being delivered to side streets rather than the route you're on. They appear to be floating in no-man's-land because side streets aren't drawn when you're moving at a good clip on your main route.

Yes it is the soccer balls and yes they sometimes do appear off the street. I saw one in the middle of a block. I got it just by driving down an adjacent street though. You seem to be able to grab them just by getting close.

I suspect that Waze is purposely putting them off the beaten path to encourage Wazers to go after them so that they will provide speed data on the seldom traveled streets. It wouldn't be the first time they did that.
jasonh300

Postby floppyrod84 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:17 am

Oh God please don't mention the messed up timings for TTS!
In regards to the General Error UR option... I wonder if it could be something to bring up with Waze directly at the UK meet up this Saturday. I want to push for a report cache option anyway for low signal areas. Maybe not for traffic but for user reports and map errors it'd be helpful.
Also maybe a way to record a Wazers voice (so much easier) recording of the issue which we could then playback in WME.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
floppyrod84

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor